- 1 6-oz. pkg. long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 large)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 10-3/4-oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 to 1-1/2 lb. cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced
Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook and stir green pepper, celery, and onion in hot butter about 5 minutes or just until tender.
In a very large bowl, combine the cooked rice, cooked vegetable mixture, mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, and Swiss cheese. Stir in the cooked shrimp. Spoon mixture into a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the black pepper. Arrange lemon slices over shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with remaining black pepper. Bake, covered, in a 375 degree F oven about 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.