Why do a virtual On-line dissection? 1) Inexpensive 2) Great for preview before doing a hands on dissection-students know what to expect. 3) They can be done anywhere. 4) No smell and your hands stay clean. 5) You don't get dirty ENJOY!!!!!!!
The Internet Resources
- By far the best on-line dissection, but requires the latest version of Flash. Used recycled frogs from biology labs. You get the feeling of actually dissectiong a frog without the smell.
- This dissection has been around for a while. It is not actual photographs of a frog but colored drawings.
- Not a truly interactive site, but it does go through the process of a cat dissection and includes photographs and detailed explanations throughout the entire process.
Fetal Pig Dissection
- A truly interactive site, but contains line drawing of a pig that are labeled with hyperlinks that explain each part of the pig.
- Shows 10 systems of human body. When you move your cursor over parts of the body they are indentified. Includes animations.
- Similar to the human body above, but done with an automobile. Identifies the different parts of a car and includes animations.
Cow's Eye Dissection
- The Cow's Eye Dissection is one of the most popular demonstrations at the Exploratorium. For many years it has helped people satisfy their curiosity about what is inside an eye. The material presented here is meant not to replace the act of dissecting a cow's eye, but rather to enhance the experience. Make a selection below to begin...