Nagyvarad, Hungary (Magyarórszag)
Note: first names have been written with standard Hungarian orthography, since that is the nationality and language at this location at this point in history. The English equivalents assumed by the family after immigration are in brackets.
|János [John] VLOSSAK [ 1 ]
(15:VIII:1844 - 1902)
??? (perhaps Békéscsaba, Hungary)
|Zsofie [Sophia] MOKOS [ 2 ]
(10:V:1860 - 7:XII:1940) of Békéscsaba
- Francziska [Frances Gertrude] (19:II:1884 - 12:VIII:1965) [ 3 ]
=15:IV:1902 Sts. Cyril & Methodius Catholic Church, South Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
Joseph TACHOVSKY (ca. 1878 - 1930) of ?, Bohemia « Jan Evangeline & Theresie SEKERKA
- Maria [Mary] (ca. 1885 - 1964) [ 5 ]
=ca. 1905 Hungary
Vilmos [William Albert] ELEK (ca. 1880 - ?) of ?, Austria-Hungary
- Erzsebet [Elizabeth](24:II:1888 - 8:I:1957) [ 4 ]
=ca. 1915 Pennsylvania, United States
Sándor [Alexander] GERGAR (15:III:1883 - 8:VI:1972) of Hungary « ? & ? ??????
- János [John](IV:1889 - 26:III:1976) [ 6 ]
Entered the priesthood for the diocese of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Pastor of Sacred Heart Church in Palmerton, Pennsylvania.
- Antal [Anthony](15:III:1891 - :I:1983) [ 7 ]
=21:VII:1915 Pennsylvania?, United States
Anna GULAS (13:V:1892 or 1896 - VI:1983) of Scranton, Pennsylvania « Andrew & Anna BAREJ
- Ferencz [Frank](12:II:1893 - IX:1977) [ 8 ]
=ca. X:1914-II:1915 Pennsylvania?, United States
Helen MACHALEC (5:X:1897 - 22:IX:1988) of Zavar, Slovakia « Jozef [Joseph] & Anna SNOHA
- Karoly [Charles](9:I:1895 - 30:VIII:1996) [ 9 ]
=14:V:1923 Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Palmerton, Pennsylvania, United States
Rose ORAVEC (17:XII:1903 - 9:VI:2001) of Hungary « Charles & Mary HOTSTINSKY
- Ilanka [Helen](13:III:1897 - VII?:1975? or ca. 1977) [ 10 ]
- Bela [Albert] (24:I:1899 - 13:IV:1991) [ 11 ]
1924 entered the Benedictine order at the Archabbey of Saint Vincent, Latrobe Pennsylvnia; took the name Cyril
1930 ordained a priest
I believe this information comes from family sources, but some of the information may have come from the social security death index, with the following additions and exceptions:
- Rose Oravec - birth and death dates come from Social Security Death Index
- Frances - the name and birth date is confirmed by a 1908 copy of the baptismal record, in Hungarian.
- Helen Machalec - the information in the Social Security index does not agree with the information here (almost certainly a family source)
- John - the birth day (not month or year) disagree between the Social Security death index and weak family sources.
- Anthony - the death year in the Social Security death index does not agree with the information here.
- John and Helen - there is some disagreement as to the order of the two deaths.
- Anna Gulas - SSDI gives 1892, family source 1896.
Return to Hungarian Genealogy
Return to Genealogy Home
Last updated: November 27, 2004