|This site chronicles the build up of my 1970 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40.
This FJ40 spent most of its life in southern Georgia, until I purchased it in 2001. I drove it in its stock form for a couple of months.
When winter's doldrums set in, the modifications began. So far, I have done all the work myself (of course, with thanks to help from my buddies).
- addition of saginaw power steering
- tilt steering wheel
- Corbeau Baja SS seats
- 4 wheel disc brakes (were 4 drums)
- custom Spring Over Axle suspension w/ rotated knuckles and long travel CV driveshafts front and rear.
- Shackle reversal (front)
- modified rear shackle mount
- SM420 transmission conversion (7:1)
- SS brakelines
- 2F w/ headers & '70 carb
- custom shock mounts
- York On-board Air
- roll cage
- 35x14.50 Super Swamper Tires
- tcase saver (reinforcement)
- GM high output alternator
- custom bumper (2x4x1/4")
- greaseable shackles
|Stock in 2002|
|"Not Stock" in 2004|
|...Me rotating the knuckles of the front axle|