THE COYNE FAMILY
1. Edward Coyne, of Ireland and Fanny McGUIRE. Source: Madeline Campbell, descendant of Edward Coyne.
2. James Coyne, born abt. 1819, in Westmeath Ireland, died 29th. July1902, at St. Arnaud, Victoria, Australia, buried at St. Arnaud Cemetery, Catholic Section, 31st. July 1902. Married in Ireland, abt 1840, to Margaret FAGAN/ FAGEN. (Both spellings have been found on BMD documents). Margaret was born in Westmeath Ireland 1820, and died in Victoria Australia 1904. Margaret and her children, James and Mary immigrated to Australia in October of 1862, on the "Champion Of The Seas" Ages for the family at time of immigration are as follows: Margaret, 35years, James, 17 years and Mary, 15 years. Sources: (1) Public Record Office, Victorian Archives. Immigration to Victoria 1852-1879. Index to Inward passengers. Code B, Fiche 208, Page 004. (2) Public Records Office, Victoria, Australia (BMD) Marriage, Ref. No. 475, Reg Year: 1865. (3) Research of Mary Filmer, (nee Lalor) descendant of James Coyne. (4) Madeline Campbell, descendant of Edward Coyne. No record has as yet been found that confirms the date of James's arrival in Australia. James's occupation, Miner.
Children of James and Margaret:
1. James Coyne, born in Westmeath, Ireland 1845 and died in Victoria Australia in 1914. James married Annie MAGHER. Annie was born in 1841 and died in 1919. Follows under Gen. 4.
2. Mary Coyne, born Westmeath, Ireland 1849. Died in Victoria, Australia in 1902. Mary Coyne married Patrick Hoare at the Inglewood Catholic Church in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, on the 15th Jan. 1865. One of the witnesses to the wedding was a James Coyne. It could have been her father or her brother. The other witness was a Mary Anne....illegible.The residence of the bride and groom was given as Kingower,Victoria. Sources: Public Records Office Victoria, (BDM) Marriage, Ref. No. 475, Reg Year: 1865. Research of Mary Filmer (nee Lalor) Descendant of Mary Coyne.
3. Edward Coyne, born and died in Ireland. (1848-1862)
James Coyne and Annie Magher had the following children:
1. Catherine Jane Coyne.(1) Born Victoria Australia, 1869, died at Northcote, Victoria, Australia 1953.
2. Annie Marie Coyne.(1) (2) Born 1871, in Inglewood, Victoria, Australia. Died 1946. Married William Josiah HARRIS. (1) Born in Orfo, Victoria, Australia.(1882-1950) Son of William Harris and Emma FITZPATRIC. (3) No Issue.
3. Patrick Coyne,(1) born at St. Arnaud, Victoria, Australia, 1872(4) . Died 1933 at Arrarat, Victoria, Australia. occupation Miner.(1)
4. Edward Coyne,(1) born at St. Arnaud, Victoria, Australia in 1874. (5) Married Catherine Jane WALSH (1872- 1945) (1)
5. Peter James Coyne born at St. Arnaud, Victoria, Australia 1878.(1)(6) Married Stella VINCENT (1) , born in Talbot, Victoria, Australia 1888 (7) and died in 1959.(1) She was the daughter of John Trebilcock Vincent and Catherine KEECH.(7)
Sources: (1) Madeline Campbell, 2003. (2) Public Records Office Victoria, Australia (BMD) Marriage, Ref No. 9644. (3) Public Records Office Victoria (BMD) Births, Ref. No. 8550, Reg. Year 1882. (4) Public Records Office, Victoria (BMD) Births, District Of St. Arnaud. Ref. No. 12383. Reg. Year 1872. (5) Public Records Office, Victoria. (BMD) Births, District Of St. Arnaud, Ref. No. 26044, Reg. Year 1874. (6) Public Records Office, Victoria (BMD) Births, District Of St. Arnaud. Ref. No. 19317, Reg. Year, 1878. (7) Public Records Office, Victoria (BMD) Births, Ref. No. 33823, Reg Year, 1888.
INDEX OF NAMES