Lies and Videotaped
Follow the path... 1.Honesty&
6. Organise/Present/Assess- Example
The 6 research steps are
Define, Locate, Select, Organise, Present, Assess.
overboard" issue will be used as an example of how to approach your media
study. Shave you noticed some students put in less work and get
better results. They "work smart."
This site is devoted to helping you work smart too.
(think, plan, strategy- saves time)
- Step 1 is always to unpack the topic/task. Highlight the task sheet and criteria.
Read and listen to instructions!
- Brainstorm key words? These will help searching.
- What resources are most likely to be
useful? Where will they be found?
- What topic will you choose? Why will you choose it? What sort
of choice is the task asking for?
- How much time is available for the task?
Plan how much time you will allow
for researching, then writing.
- Remember to record the source of all information as you go along.
Failure to acknowledge sources can result in accusations of plagiarism and
breach of copyright.
- Do a concept map of the task to guide
research. Planning saves time.
Image from http://dgl.microsoft.com/
This site is for educational purposes.