How to Post Queries to the Kissing Cousins Mailing List
Kissing Cousins

How to Post Queries to the Kissing Cousins Mailing List

There is one stipulation I'd like to make on posts. If you are posting a non-same surname to the list
(for example: A/B; not A/A)

Please show how the two are related by Cousin (relative) marriage, show the second marriage, even if you have to "round robin" it to prove it.

If I am posting a query for a marriage of A/B and these two families have one marriage only; along with my questions I would write:

A/B (1- direct) [one marriage, direct lineage]
B/C (2- one direct)
C/D (2- one direct, other relationship)
D/A (1- direct, other relationships)

so that it comes back around to the marriage I am researching at that moment - that is, one of the names that I entered in my query (A).

[The term "other relationship(s)" means that family is also related to one or more of your other families through a parental/sibling/cousin marriage as well. Also, if you have direct lineage, please specify if possible]

I have not explained all the relationships of this family, I never even mentioned A/C because there was no marriage between A and C.

I also didn't mention my G, H, or J relations to those families because they weren't necessary to prove Cousin/Relationship of my A/B. I only explained the relationship of how A and B were related other than through their own marriage.

An example of a two family posting between two Fisher families removed one time by the Byrd family: Husband (Fisher) married Wife (Byrd) and they have a child (in this case a female) who married a Byrd. To show this, I'd write:

Byrd/Fisher - Fisher/Byrd (both direct, other relationships).

[Also, I would prefer you show Bride's name first if it's only a two name query]

An example of two sisters marrying two brothers would be: Cat/Dog - Cat/Dog

If you need help with this, please let me know.

If you are interested in joining the Kissing Cousins Email List, please send me an Email at:cajincoon@yahoo.com

Back to Kissing Cousins Home Page

Hale Creations

E-mail Hale Creations

Copyright © 1999, Betsy Hale for Hale Creations