|If the shoe fits.....put it on.|
|I was bored so I did some snooping around and found what I think are some interesting facts about regular season awards in relation to the post-season. So I just decided to turn it into a little trivia question sheet. Have fun. There's no prize for getting anything right except your own self-satisfaction. So here we go... (Click on "Answers" at the bottom of the page for the answers. And remember; If you cheat, you're only cheating yourself.)
1. Before Byung Hyung (a slider) Kimís (19 saves) stellar performance in 2001, what was the last team to win a World Series without a 20-save reliever?
2.What was the last team to win a World Series without at least a 17-game winner?
3. One-two punches in the rotation may be a bit over-rated even when it comes to the post-season. Before the Johnson-Schilling led Diamondbacks won the 2001 World Series, when was the last time a World Series winner sported two 20-game winners?
4. Chipper Jones played in the 1999 World Series after being voted the NL MVP. Who was the last AL MVP to play in the World Series the year of his award?
4a. Who was the last player to win a World Championship in the year of his MVP Award?
5. The 2001 World Series featured the two Cy Young Award winners (Johnson and Clemens) for only the second time in the last 30 years. Can you name the other pairing?
6. Which American League franchise has had their pitchers win the most Cy Young Awards?
6a. Who leads the National League franchises in total Cy Young Awards?