7 BRIDGE ST., P.O. BOX 490,
LAKE LUZERNE, NY 12846 USA
Sunday Services: 9:00am and 10:30am
in our Sanctuary. Sunday School during 10:30 serviceHome of The Rockwell Falls Community Choir & the Joyful Noise
Pastor Tom Parsons
Admin. Asst. Diane Backus
Treasurer Lisa Podwirny
Sexton Kim Sanborn
Organist & Choir Dir. Randy Rollman
Nursery Ella Harrington
Clerk of Session Carolyn Towers
Minister Every Member
RFPC SESSION MEMBERS:
December 21, 1926
The original wooden building, erected in 1837 was the Old Union Church. In 1852, the Presbyterian congregation started holding regular services. In 1855 the building was sold to the Presbyterians. 1882 the present building was built and it served until December 21 1926 when it was razed by fire. The only things to escape the fire were the pulpit, communion table, two matching chairs and the bell. Only the stone walls remained standing. During the following year the church was rebuilt. Pews were donated by another church, and the building became basically as it is today.
The Powers Maxfield Building was built in loving memory of Norman (Jay) Powers and Walter Maxfield who dedicated their lives to God, family and community.
The Powers/Maxfield Community
Food Pantry- Thrift Shop is open:
69 Bay Road, Lake Luzerne
This week's special at the Thrift Shop:
Half Price on all sweaters and mens flannel shirts
The Powers/Maxfield Building is owned and operated by:
The Rockwell Falls Presbyterian Church
click link to go to: Presbyterian Church USA
to Email us!
Construction began on a new building, The Powers Maxfield Building, in the spring of 2000 on property the church purchased in 1992 ( the former Louetta Hayes property directly in back of the church building).
The Powers Maxfield Building was dedicated on November 17, 2000 and houses our community food pantry and thrift store. It is in loving memory of Norman "Jay" Powers and Walter Maxfield: men of faith, love and service, who dedicated their lives to God, family and community.
click picture to email us!