Texas Medical Rangers at Work
Medical Care at Hurricane Shelters
Rio Grande Valley Free Clinics in the
"Texans Helping Texans"
Texas Needs You:
few hours in training time each month will help Texans.
- Texas Medical Rangers serve only inside the State of Texas.
- Officially we are the Medical Reserve Brigade of the Texas
- We are
actively seeking physicians, nurses, veterinarians, mental health
paramedics, EMT's and non-medical
- Unlike the National Guard, we only serve inside Texas.
- Prior military service not required. Desire
to help Texans is required.
Page is here
For More Info in
- LTC Eloisa Tamez, RN at 956-245-7119 or write
the Texas military uniform [looks like U-S but with Texas insignia]
at one meeting per month plus three or more optional summer days
decide which missions to respond to [on state goverment orders]
and expenses paid on State Active Duty – drills are unpaid
sovereign immunity from lawsuit providing medical care on State Active
compensation coverage provided while on duty
for the Governor [rather than the President]
are military veteran members - many are not
resign at any time
new friends while serving Texans
your community as part of a military team
service personnel may wear the uniform of their prior service -
US insignia with Texas Military Forces insignia