Welcome to the
Hello, and welcome to the Strongsville Elementary Orchestra Home Page! Here you will find:
Please check back often, as I will be updating the page throughout the year.
Sign up for
Contact Mrs. Gamin HERE.
News and Announcements
Tuesday, March 3, 2009: All-City Orchestra Spring Festival Concerts!
ATTENTION ALL STRING STUDENTS!
ANNOUNCING THE 2009 ALL-CITY ORCHESTRA
time! All of your hard work will soon be
showcased at our biggest concert of the year.
The All-City Orchestra Festival will feature every string student in the
BEGINNING STRINGS perform WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1 AT 7:00 PM
Strongsville HS auditorium
Please arrive at 6:00 to tune & warm up
ADVANCED STRINGS THURSDAY, APRIL 2 AT 7:00 PM
and perform Strongsville HS auditorium
HONORS ORCHESTRA Honors Orchestra please report at 5:45
All other Adv. students report at 6:20
Elementary students will perform first. After we perform, please plan to stay and listen to performances by the middle school and high school orchestras. We ask that you stay out of courtesy to the other musicians, and so that you can see what you have to look forward to as you continue. This is an excellent opportunity to motivate and celebrate our outstanding orchestra program!
CONCERT DRESS will be nice black (or dark) pants or skirt and nice white (or light) tops. Please wear nice shoes! Ties are optional but preferred for gentlemen.
This is a formal event – please bear that in mind when selecting your outfit. (t-shirts, jeans, or warmup clothes are not appropriate for an evening concert.)
ALL-CITY ORCHESTRA REHEARSALS will be OVER after the performance, but school lessons will continue until the end of the year. There are still things to learn and school concerts to prepare!
We have had an excellent year this year and I am very proud of the commitment and dedication I have seen from all the orchestra members! Please make sure that you have practiced and prepared your music so that we can give the best possible performance!
Monday, January 5, 2009: Advanced Honors Orchestra Information!
Dear Advanced String Students and Parents,
We are proud to announce an exciting opportunity for Advanced String Members:
Elementary Honors Orchestra 2009!
Purpose of Honors Orchestra:
Eligibility Requirements for Honors Orchestra:
Rehearsal Location and Times:
Thursday, November 6,, 2008: Winter Concert Schedule!
· Please join us for the winter concert season so that we can celebrate our students’ accomplishments!
o Advanced All-City Winter Concert – Thursday, December 4, 7:00 pm, Strongsville High School
o Allen – Wed, Dec. 10 (school only) and Friday, Dec. 12 (parents only), 9:45 am, Allen Cafeteria
o Chapman – Friday, Dec. 12 at 2:15 pm, Chapman Gym
o Kinsner – Thursday, Dec. 18 at 9:30 am, Kinsner Gym
o Muraski – Tuesday, Dec. 9 at 9:40 am, Muraski Gym
o Surrarrer – Friday, Dec. 19 at 10:00 am, Surrarrer Gym
o Whitney – Wednesday, Dec. 17 at 10:00 am, Whitney Gym
Friday, October 24, 2008: Beginning All-City Orchestra start DELAYED until February
· Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will have to DELAY the start of Beginning All-City Orchestra until February 12, 2009. This will allow us time to resolve some issues and create a safe, productive, and meaningful educational opportunity for our students. I apologize for the change, but am excited about the new opportunities and ideas that we will be pursuing. Look for a packet with more information to be sent home in January.
Thursday, August 28, 2008: Welcome to the 2008 Strongsville Elementary Orchestra!
· Advanced lessons are being organized now! In the next several days, returning advanced students will be receiving a packet which includes the new schedules for school lessons and All-City.
o Advanced lessons will begin the week of September 15th (individual school schedules are available under “lessons”)
o Advanced All-City rehearsals will begin Tuesday, September 23rd at Kinsner Elementary (see “All-City” for schedules and information)
Friday, August 29, 2008: New Student Recruiting is Underway!
· We are now recruiting students to be in the Beginning Strings Class of 2008! If you are interested in having your child involved in a vibrant, worthwhile, and exciting educational endeavor, you have come to the right place. Look around the site and see what we are all about here in the Strings Department.
· For detailed information for new string students, including frequently asked questions and schedules, click HERE.