of Gloversville, New York
New Members Are Always Welcome
Sit and Sew Schedule
The Sewbusy Kitchen
What's New on this Site?
- Sew Busy Newsletter - September, 2009- Printable Version
- Photos of the Real Cool Quilt Challenge
- Sew Busy Quilt Guild will be participating in Empire Quiltfest, October 17-18, 2009.
General Information The Sew Busy Quilt Guild was formed in September,
1995 with a group of ladies who wanted to get together and share their love of quilts. We are a non-profit organization, whose
membership is open to all who appreciate all aspects of quilting.
The Sew Busy Quilt Guild was formed in September, 1995 with a group of ladies who wanted to get together and share their love of quilts. We are a non-profit organization, whose membership is open to all who appreciate all aspects of quilting.
|Board of Directors||Officers|
|Rosemarie Knichel||President - Carolyn Washburn|
|Patti Muselbeck||Vice President - Joanne Gasner|
|Donna Palczak||Secretary - Sandi Christman|
|Jean Quick||Treasurer - Mary Jo Brady|
|Mary Jo Rave|
We meet on the third Monday of each month from September to June. Doors open at 6:45. All meetings, with the exception of December and June, begin at 7:00 pm. The business meeting is followed by demonstrations, presenters, and show and tell. December and June meetings include a covered dish dinner at 6:00 pm. Meetings are held at the Gloversville YWCA located on Church St in Gloverville, NY. (directions)
- Annual Dues - $25.00 per year
- Guest passes are $3.00 per meeting (Only members will be able to participate in guild projects and in-house raffles.)
- All members receive a membership card that entitles them to a 10% discount at The Gloversville Sewing Center as well as many other quilt shops.
We provide lap and baby quilts, surgical caps and wheelchair bags for area hospitals as well as work on several special projects throughout the year. We will be making quilts and other items for area domestic violence shelters as well as Breast Pillows for mastectomy patients in 2009/2010.
- Holiday Gifts for Soldiers
- Pillowcase Workshop
- Stockings for Catholic Charities
- Butterfly Moments for Mountain Valley Hospice
- Make a Difference Day
- Quilts for Soldiers
- Literacy Volunteers Banner
Participants receive a kit for one block at each monthly meeting. The cost is $20 for the year. Those who sew each block will have the beginnings of a beautiful quilt and a chance to win prizes! The theme for 2009/2010 is "Fabulous Flowers".
will be held following each business meetings. Members share their expertise using a variety of techniques.
Sit and Sew
A Sit and Sew is on the second Monday of each month, at the Gloversville YWCA. Mini-projects are presented at each Sit and Sew. Members may either participate in these or work on projects of their own.
- October 13, 2009 - Borders and Bindings - Sherry Matthews
- November 9, 2009 - Name Badges - Trina Zimmerman
- January 11, 2010 - Demonstrations - Joanne Gasner, Barbara Skoda, Carolyn Washburn
In the Spring of 2006, a quilt was created and donated to the Proudy Cancer Center
for a fund raising raffle in honor of Sew Busy member Anne Boyd's on-going battle with cancer.
A traditional style Baltimore Album Quilt was raffled at the Empire Quiltfest
This year's raffle quilt was made by Jan Ernst from fabric bingo squares. The drawing was held at the Holiday Party on December 15.
In the Spring of 2006, a quilt was created and donated to the Proudy Cancer Center for a fund raising raffle in honor of Sew Busy member Anne Boyd's on-going battle with cancer.
A traditional style Baltimore Album Quilt was raffled at the Empire Quiltfest in 2005.
|Date/Time:||Tentative Meeting Agenda|
Trunk Show - Georgia Bonesteel
Extended Show and Tell
|6 PM! Holiday Party|
Sew Busy Quilt Guild
Last Update: August 30, 2009
Comments and Questions to: email@example.com