sorry, news and other goodies not browseable atm.
Welcome to the
**old** UQLX Home Page
UQLX is a software emulator emulating a Sinclair QL on Unix/X and similar systems.
UQLX is now in late alpha stadium, it deals very well with most QL software and works on most Unix-like architectures. Emphasis is to achieve useful integration of modern QDOS into Unix/X environment but also runs many old games.
- up to 16 MB RAM
- floppy disk and QXL.WIN images/devices
- access to the host(Unix) filesystem(s) including subdirectories
- mouse emulation
- serial and printer ports
- access to long pathnames - up to 4096 chars (if your Unix allows :))
- HUGE screens support!
- little GUI with paste
- start and control Unix applications from QDOS via the 'pty_' device driver
- access Unix environment variables from QDOS
- use of the emulator as Unix script command
- access to command line arguments
- forking(cloning) of the emulator
- easy access to all Unix files
- TCP/IP devices for QDOS
- unix sockets
Browse UQLX documentation or Download UQLX (***old, see link above***):
DUE TO THE UTTER BROKENNES OF GEOCITIES I hat to pack the ".tar.bz2" archives into ".zip". This adds only few bytes but is rather "less userfriendly". So first you need to unzip that and then proceed as usually..
Please let me know if you download UQLX or are interested to receive news about UQLX and updates of it - rdzidlic at linux-m68k dot org
Write Comments about UQLX This is intended as a sort of UQLX chatroom until geocities will provide real chatrooms.
Visit my QL resources list.
Best Viewed by Lynx, Mosaic, w3 or some other free browser. Reason for this is that Geocities will add java(scripts) or -applets to this page that may seriously confuse or break some "advanced" browsers.