FACT FILE :
Full Name: MARK McGEE
Date of Birth: 29/12/75
Family (Brothers/Sisters?): 1 BROTHER
Likes: ANIMALS, SMELLING MY GIRLFRIENDS NECK
1. How are you enjoying playing "Bobby C" in "Saturday Night Fever"?
2. What does the "C" in "Bobby C" stand for?
CHARLTON (Mark - are you having a laugh!!?? Bobby Charlton?!!)
3. Are you like your character "Bobby C" at all?
YES I SUPPOSE A LITTLE
4. Are you a fan of those patch work jeans you have to wear during "Tragedy"?
HUGE FAN. I'M GOING TO NICK 'EM
5. Do you get a good response from the audience after every performance?
6. What's your favourite "Saturday Night Fever" song in the show?
7. Have you any funny/embarrassing stories from your time in "Saturday Night Fever"?
YES. DRYING UP ON STAGE FOR AN ENTIRE SCENE.
8. Are you good friends with the rest of the cast of "Saturday Night Fever"?
9. The show is quite energetic. What do you do to relax?
NOT OVERLY. DRINK BRANDY
10. In "Saturday Night Fever" you play basketball, what sports are you in to? Do you support a football team?
TENNIS! FOOTBALL NO!
11. You were understudy for the part of "Don" in "Summer Holiday" - did you get a good response when you played him?
12. How was it working with Darren Day?
DIDN'T HAVE MUCH TO DO WITH HIM
13. What's your favourite song from "Summer Holiday"?
14. You have played "Montpanasse" and "Marius" in Les Miserables, did you enjoy your time at Les Mis? Would you ever go back?
GOOD LAUGH. MAYBE
15. Out of "Saturday Night Fever", "Summer Holiday" and "Les Miserables" which is your favourite and why?
SNF as you put it! (SARCASM!!!!!!!!! What the hell is wrong with putting "SNF" instead of "Saturday Night Fever"?!!!)
16. What exactly is "La Cage Aux Folles" about and describe your character "Phaedra"?
'La Cage Aux Folles' IS A DRAG SHOW FULL OF QUEENS. 'Phaedra' WAS THE 'ENIGMA' (New Year's Eve = Wapping + Transvestite club!!!! Sorry we're not taking the mick - much!!)
17. You did "Our Day Out" at the Birmingham Rep - was that the Willy Russell play?
18. What course did you do at Birmingham Conservatoire? Birmingham Conservatoire is part of the University of Central England, isn't it? Did you enjoy university life?
YEP YEP (A man of many, many words!!)
19. Before you went to college which school did you go to and what was your favourite subject?
LEASOMES HIGH SCHOOL - MUSIC OF COURSE (What does he mean "music of course"? What about drama?)
20. Your CV says you can do gymnastics, did you ever do any formal dance training?
SORT OF:- BALLET, JAZZ
21. Can you really unicycle and juggle? Where did you learn to do that?
I SURE CAN! AT THE CIRCUS!
22. Of all the musicals in London which would you most like to appear in and as which character? (If you haven't already played them) I think you'd make a great "Mickey" in "Blood Brothers"!!
YOU'VE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!
23. Have you seen Blood Brothers? If so, did you like it?
YES VERY MUCH.
24. Do you ever wish to have a more long-term contract such as a role in a soap (than a theatre show which relies on yearly contracts)?
MAYBE. MORE SECURITY
25. If SNF wasn't closing, would you have considered staying on or preferred to still move onto something different?
I'D HAVE MOVED ON ANYWAY.
26. What plans do you have for after SNF?
27. Would you do something like the Rocky Horror Show?
28. Where did you grow up?
B'HAM (B'ham - where's this?!! Buckenham? We hate it when people can't be bothered to write out the whole word!! SNF indeed!?)
29. Who would you most like to be stuck in a lift with?
MY GIRLFRIEND (Grrr!!)
30. Describe your idea of a romantic evening?
CHOCOLATE BODY PAINT (Okay then!! Always the quiet ones eh?! ha ha!)
31. Have you any regrets in your life?
NOT LISTENING AT SCHOOL (Too much day dreaming)
32. How do you feel about being compared to Ronan Keating (appearance wise)?
NOT BOTHERED. I'M SURE HE'S NOT EITHER. (Yep, we're sure he's not bothered either. "Mark who?!!")
33. If you weren't an actor, what would you be doing?
PAINTING, GARDENING, COOKING, CLEANING.
34. Boxer shorts? Y-fronts? G-Strings?!!!
35. What is the weirdest thing a fan has given/sent you?
KNICKERS (He did put nickers but we assumed he meant knickers - so who sent these then?! OR he could have meant Snickers the chocolate bar!!!)
36. Do you mind fans writing to you?
NO. AS LONG AS IT'S NOT ESSAY LENGTH!
37. Tell us a secret
FAERIES DO EXIST.(Mark has ensured us that that is the proper spelling! How does he know these things?!)
A big thank you to Mark for answering our questions :-)
No part of this interview can be copied or used for other web sites without permission from us first.
This interview was undertaken early February 2000.
We did send some more questions to Mark fairly recently but the b*****d didn't reply. Grrr! But like the Murphy's we're not bitter!!