Title: Friendly Fire
To: triciaqaf
From: Click here to guess!
Rating: R

December 20, 2005

“What about this one?”

“Teddy, honey, they’re just all so…” Emmett trailed off, not wanting to hurt his friend’s feelings.

“Boring as fuck. Like you.” Brian smiled cheerfully and raised his beer in a toast to the tenth gray shirt that Ted had tried on.

Justin rolled his eyes and stuck his hand down the waistband of Brian’s jeans.

“Hey! Watch the grim reaper hands.”

“It’s freezing in here and my hands are cold.”

“So warm them up on your balls, not mine.” Brian murmured into Justin’s ear, his own cold nose brushing against Justin’s ear. “Why the fuck are we here again?”

“Because, Brian, you’re friends with Ted and he needs help getting ready for his date.” Justin pushed his hand further down Brian’s pants, warming his fingers in the crease of Brian’s thigh.

“First dates are bullshit. Fuck that, all dates are bullshit.”

“Hunter’s on a date right now. With a girl.” Michael pondered as he munched on some chips. But Emmett was too busy being outraged to contemplate straight dating.

“Brian Kinney! You cannot tell me that first dates are bullshit. First dates are fabulous.” Emmett held up a lime green scarf to Ted. Nose scrunched, he shook his head and changed his mind. Maybe gray was the best color for Teddy. “Don’t you listen to him, Teddy honey. I, for one, am very excited for you. I think this could be just what the doctor ordered.”

“Absolutely, Ted, I’m happy for you.” Michael beamed at Ted, before turning to Brian to glare. He laughed as Brian gave him the finger in retaliation.

“First dates are the best.” Emmett sighed dreamily and flopped down on Ted’s couch. “I still remember my first date. His name was Paulo.”

Paulo. Brian mouthed to Justin.

“I remember my first date.” Ben came into the living room with a bottle of wine to refill his and Ted’s glasses. “My first gay date was with my Introduction to Sociology professor when I was a freshman in college. He was…well, I remember thinking old, but I guess he was my age now.”

“Mmm, kinky. An older man.” Justin licked his lips, looking at Brian and wiggling his fingers around, now that his hands had warmed up, Brian’s cock was warming up as well. And filling up.

Michael looked up at Ben inquisitively. “You had sex with a professor?”

Ben laughed to himself. “On his desk no less.”

“Why, Professor, I had no idea you could be so dirty.”

“Sure, you did, Brian.” Justin retaliated by tugging on his pubic hair and pushing the heel of his hand into the mound of Brian’s cock.

“Oh, that’s right. I did.” Brian smirked at Justin and lifted his hips to press his cock against him harder. He needed more friction and fast. And he needed to ignore the glare that Michael was sending his way.

Emmett rolled his eyes and ignored Brian’s hand job in Ted’s living room. “Now, Teddy, you ignore him because I think this first date has serious potential.”

“Yeah, Brian, it’s not like you haven’t been on a date before.” Michael pointed out to his best friend.

“Wait a minute, you’ve been on a date? The great Brian Kinney blessing a mere mortal with his time, his conversation, and not just his cock?” Emmett pretended to look scandalized at the mere idea of Brian Fucking Kinney on a date.

“Don’t get your panties in a knot. It was boring as shit. So I fucked the waiter. End of story.” Brian lifted his knee up so Justin could gain better access for jerking him off.

“Can you not do that here? I haven’t scotch guarded the couch yet.” Ted bemoaned, never taking his eyes off of the lump in Brian’s pants the entire time.

“And I am sure that Sunshine has plenty of stories of hot dates with the big, bad Brian Kinney.” Emmett turned to Justin hopefully, wanting to hear some dirt and gossip on the mysterious relationship that was the Brian and Justin Show.

“Not really.” Justin shrugged, his steady pumping slowing down as he thought about any ‘dates’ he might have had with Brian. But he honestly couldn’t come up with a time that could be considered a true date. With Brian picking him up and taking him out to dinner, maybe some flowers and wine. Fuck, I am a lesbian. “I don’t think I’ve ever been on a date.”

“Oh, baby, that so sad!” Emmett cried, clutching the scarf tighter to his chest.

“Unless you count the prom.” With that Brian deflated, his eyes narrowed as he glared first at the top of Justin’s blond head and second at Emmett for bringing up this disastrous mind field of a conversation. And he threw a glare in Ben and Ted’s direction, too, just for the hell of it. Justin’s hand had stilled completely now, his eyes glazed over as he tried to recall the few precious bits of prom memories that he had. “I remember she picked me up in her car. She smelled nice, like baby powder.”

Brian stood up abruptly, dislodging Justin’s hands from his pants. “Fuck this, Babylon’s waiting. Ted, wear the third gray shirt with black pants and a black leather jacket. Mikey, I’ll see you for lunch tomorrow.”

He leaned down and kissed Michael on the temple, ignoring everyone else in the room including Justin. Not that Justin seemed to notice with the far off look in his eyes. Brian grabbed his jacket off the back of the couch and buttoning it up and stuffing his hands in his leather gloves. He felt confused and angry at the entire course of the conversation on first dates, hell, on dates at all. But as his eyes turned to Justin he couldn’t just leave. Somehow, as he was dragged at times kicking and screaming, Brian found himself in a relationship, a partnership. And he couldn’t, no-didn’t want to leave Justin behind anymore. He was back from LA and living in the loft. Fuck, he had even convinced Brian to pick up a Christmas tree this year.

“Justin,” the name came out scratchy and foreign on his tongue, “you coming?”

Justin’s head whipped up at the familiar words. His heart pounded as the headache from trying to remember the prom receded with just a look and small gesture on Brian’s part. He nodded, not trusting himself to speak. Brian grabbed Justin’s jacket to help him into it.

“Let’s go. Later, boys”

December 21, 2005

Brian tapped his fingers restlessly along the edge of the keyboard. It was the slow time of year in advertising. All the holiday ads had been long ago finished and the new campaigns wouldn’t be ready to begin until the budgets were decided in the new year. So here he was bored.

He had fucked Justin in the shower twice last night when they had gotten back from Ted’s. They never did make it to Babylon.

This morning he had already fucked him on the kitchen counter, the kitchen table, the chaise lounge, and against the window. It was that last one that made Justin call enough was enough for a little while. Between the burn off his ass being used and the frostbite he claimed his dick had from being pushed against the cold windowpane, Justin needed a break. Of course, not before Brian had to inspect his dick to truly make sure that he wasn’t hurt. A thorough tongue inspection was definitely called for.

Now, Justin was insisting on working on his computer. He wanted to finish up some artwork that he had promised to donate to the GLC for a New Year’s fundraiser. And that was why Brian found himself sitting bored at the computer. And boredom was the only explanation he could find for the reason that last night’s conversation about first dates kept echoing in his head.

After Ethan’s bullshit, Justin couldn’t still possibly want the romantic crap? Could he?

Brian’s melancholy thoughts were pushed away as he caught snippets of Justin humming Christmas carols under his breath. Despite all that he had been through, Brian still caught moments of the child that Justin had been. But nothing compared to the man that he was today.

“Hey, Sunshine, how’s the frostbite?”

Justin pulled his waistband away from his dick and peered down. “Seems to be recovering nicely. Wanna check it out?”

“Are you sure? Because I think I know of a sure fire way to heat it up. Maybe all it needs is a nice, tight, hot…ass.” Brian smiled as he heard Justin jump up from his art computer before he even saw and allowed himself to be dragged into the bedroom. Maybe he didn’t give him flowers or romantic words, but sometimes he knew just what to say.

Later, as Brian was nursing his sore ass on the couch-not that he would ever admit that to anyone, but Justin knows the truth all the same, the same way he knows that Brian has only tricked twice in the last month or so since Justin has been home and moved back in-he’s flipping through the channels trying to a find a movie that he and Justin can compromise on.

“Rebel Without a Cause?”

“Jesus, Brian, I’m not gonna watch that movie again. You always get depressed afterwards thinking about dying young.”

“I don’t get depressed thinking about dying young. I get depressed when I realize that it’s too late for me.”

“Damn straight it is.” Justin came out of the bathroom, running a towel through his wet hair and another wrapped around his waist. “If you think that I’m giving you up now then you’re fucked in the head.”

Brian was about to respond, at least he liked to think that he had something witty to say to Justin’s statement of commitment, when the loft buzzer went off. Justin just smirked at Brian as he went to the door to see who it was.

Smug little fucker , Brian thought. Thinks he knows me so well.

“Em, what are you doing here?”

“Get ready baby, I’m here for our date.”

Justin looked back and forth between Brian on the couch and Emmett at the door with a single red rose in his outstretched hand. “What’s going on?”

“Yeah, Emmett, what the fuck is going on?” Brian wasn’t happy at this latest development. All he wanted for the evening was Thai take-out, a movie with Justin on the couch, and then fucking Justin into the mattress as payback for fucking his own ass into the mattress an hour earlier.

“Well, I was thinking-“

“That’s always dangerous.” Brian muttered darkly.

“Oh, you hush. Any who, as I was saying, I was thinking and I decided that there was no reason that the princess couldn’t experience all the wonders of first dates. Just because you’re dating a big sack of unromantic poo doesn’t mean we can’t help you out.”

“Jesus Christ, who the fuck is we?” Brian groaned, as Justin stood still in shock.

“Just we, now go get dressed in your Saturday finest, Princess.” Emmett gave Justin a gentle shove to propel him towards the bedroom. “Don’t worry, Brian, I’ll have him home by three.”

Four and a half hours later, Justin stumbled in to the loft slightly drunk. His cheeks were flushed from the cold and his eyes shone in the lights of the Christmas tree. Sometime around 1AM, Brian had felt the need to turn the lights on. If Brian weren’t a little drunk himself, he would have sworn that dating made Justin even more beautiful. And if he weren’t a little high also, he would never admit that maybe he felt a little jealous that someone else can cause that look of…happiness.

“How was the date, Sunshine?” Brian tried to sneer the nickname, but it came out deep and breathy. The words going straight to Justin’s cock.

“It was…fun. I think I’m glad I went.” Justin sighed happily, as he flopped down next to Brian on the couch. Brian pushed him down further into the cushions and covered Justin’s body, warming him from head to toe. Brian brushed the melting snowflakes from Justin’s hair.

“Tell me about it.”

“No, Brian, don’t ruin it. Let me just be happy. Please.”

“I can make you happy.” The words sounded more needy than planned.

“You do.”

“Prove it.”

“How?”

“I’ll prove it.”

“Yeah, yeah, Brian. You prove it.” Justin arched up under Brian, rubbing his aching cock against Brian’s.

Brian sat back up on the couch and pushed at Justin’s shoulder, urging him to turn over.

“I’m going to kiss you, rim you, lick you, dig deep into your hot, tight, little ass until you’re screaming my name to God.” Brian roughly yanked down Justin’s pants, taking his briefs down with them. The smooth white ass gleamed in the light of the Christmas tree. If Brian had always had this as a present under the tree he would have gotten a tree years ago.

Justin came screaming Brian’s name. Brian came whispering Justin’s.

December 22, 2005

Justin whistled happily along to the Christmas carols as he rummaged through the fridge for lunch. He swore his ass was humming from last night still.

“Hey!” Justin rubbed his sore ass from where Brian just swatted him. “Watch the merchandise. You break it, you bought it.”

Brian grinned. “That’s supposed to be a threat? I already own that ass.”

Justin ignored that remark, choosing instead to throw his arms around Brian’s waist to bury his nose in his neck. He loved the smell of Brian fresh from running on the treadmill. It was like Super Brian Smell. He laved at Brian’s neck with his tongue, secretly thrilling in the goose bumps raised along Brian’s neck as Justin found the spot that got to Brian every time.

The pounding of the loft door interrupted them just as Justin was about to drop to his knees. Brian moaned in frustration and tried to push at Justin’s shoulders to get him to continue.

“Brian, it might be Lindsay. She said she might bring Gus by after they saw Santa at the mall.”

“I guess it’s never too early to enjoy sitting on a stranger’s lap.”

“Brian!” Justin laughed and shoved him away, buttoning his pants just as he pulled open the heavy loft door. “Ted, what are you doing here?”

“First date number two!” He excitedly held up what looked like two tickets to the Christmas Carol violin and cello concert at CM that afternoon. “What do you say? I know you used to enjoy listening to classical music.”

Brian glared at Ted, his insides seething from the Ethan reminder and the blowjob interruption. “What’s the matter, Ted? Your date didn’t work out? Poaching on my partner now?”

“What?” Ted looked helplessly to Justin. “I just thought that since Justin had so much fun with Emmett that he might like another date. And I know that this isn’t the kind of thing that you’re interested in, Brian.”

“It’s not the kind of thing that I am interested in either, Ted. Thanks for the invitation, but I can’t.” Justin tried to gently but firmly steer Ted towards the door. He loved his friends, he really did, but Jesus Christ, they needed to learn to butt the fuck out of his and Brian’s lives.

“No, go ahead, Sunshine. I’ve got better things to do. You enjoy your little concert, with the romantic violins, the flowers, the chocolate, the picnics, the fucking words. You enjoy your complete and total bullshit.” With that Brian grabbed his jacket and keys, leaving Ted and Justin behind in the loft. He certainly did have better things to do, or asses, or mouths. The Baths didn’t close for holiday hours.

December 23, 2005

Brian noisily pulled open the loft door. Part of him wanted to just wake up Justin when he would be sleepy and confused and easier to pick a fight with and win. Most of Brian just really hoped that Justin would be there waiting for him, awake or asleep didn’t matter. All Brian knew was that sometime in the last couple of years he had begun to expect things. He had begun to expect that Justin would be there. He wasn’t sure what scared him more: that he really hoped that Justin would still stick around despite his drama queen exit, or that he wasn’t more scared of not being scared of wanting Justin around all the time.

“Hey.” Justin sat up sleepily from the couch and rubbed his eyes. “What time is it?”

“Late.” Brian’s voice was rough, like the stubble on his face. “It’s late.”

“Come to bed.” Justin held out his hand to Brian.

“I need to shower first.” Brian felt shamed in a way that never had before. But Justin simply shook his head. And smiled.

Maybe Brian had a few regrets, but this could never be one of them. This young man, this strong man, that scared the great Brian Kinney. And he couldn’t be happier about it.

And when Justin whispered, I love you, Brian could almost imagine himself saying it back one day.

December 24, 2005

Brian let Justin drag him to the Muncher’s for lunch and pictures of Gus dressed up as an elf running with Justin around the Christmas tree. He even managed to only drink a little bit to get through the Christmas Eve dinner at Deb’s. He might not have needed to drink at all, but Brian was morbidly paranoid about a voice that kept laughing in his ear and calling him in love.

The voice sounded suspiciously like Vic. That fucker.

That night back at the loft Brian decided to stop acting like a pussy and grabbed Justin, hauling him over his shoulder. Brian’s positive that Justin squealed like a girl, though he would deny it later when Brian made fun of him.

Brian dropped Justin down onto to the bed. But instead of attacking him and ripping his clothes off like Justin expected and hoped for. Brian stood there and stared down at him, an unfamiliar look in his eyes.

“What, Brian?” Justin tried to reach out for him, but Brian simply shook his head.

“Brian…”

Brian lowered himself to directly over Justin then, his breath warm against Justin’s parted lips. He hesitated before kissing Justin, a kiss that started off warm and slightly sleepy and slow. Justin felt that his head would explode from the deep and wet kisses that Brian gave him. Their tongues sliding together just as their legs tangled. Justin hadn’t had much experience in kissing other guys, but he knew that Brian had to be the best. He couldn’t imagine anyone else being able to totally consume him with just a kiss like Brian could.

“Make love to me, Brian.” Justin whimpered as Brian laved Justin’s earlobe with his tongue, occasionally stopping to pull the lobe roughly with his teeth. “Make love to me.”

Brian didn’t hurry. He knew that he could take his time. That there would be no more interruptions by well-meaning friends. That Ted will have passed on his oh-so-friendly voicemail. That the boys will want to protect their balls from being ripped off by the great Brian Kinney if they continue to try and date his partner, no matter their intentions. That maybe Vic isn’t laughing at him, but with him. That he can make love to Justin and it would still be hot, it would still be new, and that he’s still the great Brian Fucking Kinney.

Brian knows that the reservations he has for New Year’s Eve at the best restaurant in town for two isn’t a date. It’s a celebration. And if there is one thing-other than fucking-that Brian Fucking Kinney knows how to do, it’s celebrate. And if Justin asks what they are celebrating Brian knows that he has a list a mile long to choose from: the movie, the comic, the election, Kinnetic, Gus, PIFA. Maybe he’ll choose one from the list. Maybe he will simply smile and raise a toast to Justin.

But for now, he knows that he can give him this Christmas present.

“You’re beautiful.”

The End