AJK Tahun 2001/02
Puan Hjh. Eshah Bte Yaakob
Madam Mary Tan Miau Eng
Yong Thai 6ASN3
Li Jie 6ASN1
Kian Siang 6ASN1
VICE-TREASURER :Nurul Huda 6ASas1
OF CHOIR :
OF INTRUMENTAL PERFORMANCE : Jasmine
OF STAGE ART:
OF ADVERTISING ART :
Lee Chong Tak 5SN4
Tahunan Kelab Rukunegara 2001
OBJECTIVES OF THE MUSIC CLUB
· To create a suitable environment for students to show their
· To foster relationships among students through music .
· To introduce music to students in order to help them appreciate music from different perspectives .
· To enrich the students’ knowledge on music and to introduce different types of instruments to them .
· To discover the musical talents among students and to stimulate their creativity .
· To offer a new healthy hobby for the students to indulge in during their free time .
The music club was established officially in Jun 2001.A new committee board was also elected under the guidance of Miss Tan Miau Eng in Jun 2001.The Music Club consists of 160 members .
the board of committee,a series of activities had been carried out .
In April,our club trained a choir team which was formed by
10 Form 4 students and to take part in the Patriotic Song
Singing Competition of Johor state.The competition was held
in the SSI hall.Our team managed to emerge as the first runner-up in the competition .
2. On 16th May 2001,the celebration of Teachers’Day was held in the school hall.Our club presented three songs: “Lovers Concerto”, “Stand By Me”,and “Yesterday Once More” to show our gratitude for the teachers’ hard work.
3. On 24th May 2001,the choir of our club consisted of 15 Lower 6 students performed four songs on the ceremony of the PIBG Day .The songs were “Lagu Sekolah”, “Lagu PIBG”, “Negara Milik Kita”,and “Flying Without Wings”.Tan Li Jie and Ong Kye-Zheng accompanied them with the piano.The response of the audience was very good .
4. On 14th July 2001,our club participated in the audition of Pertandingan Lagu Patriotik & Persemabahan Alaf Baru ICOM 2001,which was held in Cewan Resital,International College of Music,Kuala Lumpur.The composition sent in for the competition entitled “Negara Milik Kita” was composed by Tan Li Jie and Neo Yong Thai.Pn Zaleha wrote the lyrics of the song.The composition was successfully short listed into the first forty among all 700 applicants .
5. On 24th & 26th July 2001,we announced the establishment of the Music Club during the assembly of the morning session and the afternoon session.Our club presented songs in different languages to promote our club and welcomed students of different races to join our club.The songs were “Sukiyaki”, “When You Say Nothing At All”, “Kau Ilhamku”,and “Finding Myself”.We received great response from the students .
6. On 27th July 2001,the first registration of our club was held in the school hall.It was open for all SSI students.The registration started from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m .
7. On 31st July 2001,we performed a special song entitled “Leaving On A Jet Plane” to send off Puan Siti Raudah.A few committee members of the music Club presented the song .
On 22nd October 2001,we accepted the invitation from the LDDS to perform for the opening of the English Week.The songs we performed were “Tears In Heaven”,”There She Goes”, “I Believe I can Fly”,and “Don’t Worry,Be Happy” .
Hakcipta Terpelihara SSI/2002