1. using ribber and TD 4 , cast on 131 sts in my in 1x1 rib. Rib 30 rows. Transfer sts to main bed, increasing 13 sts evely across the row to 144 sts total. COR. Reset row counter to 0 and change to TD 8.
2. Knit 58 Rows
3. Mark this row at both ends for armhole.
4. Knit 92 more rows. Total 150 rows.
5. Back neck. Thread center 48 stitches onto WY. 48 sts each side for shoulders. Knit 6 rows with WY
Front: Cardigan right side worked first.
1. Using ribber and Td 4/4, cast on 59 sts in MY in 1x1 rib. Rib 30 rows. Transfer sts to main bed, increasing 7 sts evely across the row to 66 sts total. COR Reset row counter to 0 and change to TD8.
2. Knit 58 Rows
3. Mark this row at both ends for armhole. Work 48 rows (106 total)
4. Shape neck. COR. Thread left 13 sts to WY. Dec 1 st at neck edge(left end)every row 12 times, until 48 stitches remain. Knit 32 Rows even. Total 150 Rows.
5. Cut yarn, leaving a 107 cms end. Knit 6 rows WY. Remove sts from machine.
6. Left cardigan front. Work as for right side, reversing shapings.
1. Join front and back at shoulders, using your favorite method.
1. Using ribber and TD 4/4 cast on 61 sts in MY in 1x1 rib. Rib 30 rows. Transfer sts to MB, increasing 7 sts evenly across the row to 68 sts total. COR. Reset row counter to ) and change to DT8.
2. Knit 22 Rows even. COR.
3. Inc 1 st at each end of next row, then every following 3rd row 23 times to 116 sts (92 rows total).
4. Knit a further 21 rows even. Total 114 rows. COR.
5. Knit 1 row TD10. Put stitches on garter bar.
6. With right side facing hang 116 sts evenly spaced from front and back between armhole markings. Place stitches from garter bar in hooks and pull through sweater stitches. Cast off.
1. Using ribber and TD 0/0, cast on 110 sts in FNR. Do 2 circular rows. TD 4/4 do one zigzag row. Move every other stitch from RB to MB.
2. Knit 28 rows.
3. Bring stitches from RB to MB. TD10 knit one row. Take off on garter bar.
4. With right side facing, pick up 110 sts on right front of sweater and place behind the latches.. Place stitches from garter bar in the needle hooks, close the latches and pull through stitches behind latches. Cast off.
5. Mark position of buttons on band. (remember, top button will be on neck band.)
1. Work buttonhole band as for button band. Work buttonholes at row 14 in the marked positions.
2. Sew buttons on button band at marked positions.
1. using ribber and TD 0/0, cast on 170 sts as follows: first 14 sts on left end of bed,in FNR, 142 needles in 1x1 rib, last 14 sts on right of bed in FNR. do 2 circular rows. TD 4/4, do 1 zigzag row. Move sts from RB to MB on 14 end needles, matching 1x1 rib (every other needle in operation on RB.
2. Rib 20 rows.
3. Transfer sts to MB. TD10 , knit 1 row. Take off on garter bar.
4. With right side facing, pick up 170 sts, 14 sts from front buttonhole band, 13 sts from right front neck holder, 34 sts from right front neck edge, 48 sts from back neck holder, 34 sts from left front neck edge, 13 sts from right front neck holder, 34 sts from right front button band. Place behind the latches.
5. Place stitches from garter bar in the needle hooks, close the latches and pull through stitches behind latches. Cast off.
1. Sew side and sleeve seams using invisible seam.
2. Sew in all loose ends.
Pattern designed by: Gail Sabramsky
with KNITWARE SWEATER DESIGN (version 2.00) from Morningdew ConsultingServices Ltd.
ph:(250)652-4097 fax: (205)652-5285 web: www.islandnet.com/knitware
A = 18 cm, B = 9 cm, C = 44 cm,
D = 27 cm, E = 6.5 cm, F = 24 cm,
G = 6 cm, H = 11 cm, J = 6.5 cm,
K = 25 cm, L = 46 cm