Oingo Boingo/ Danny Elfman Quotables (according to me)
(This is just a small list of
lyrics, most of which I've used before in relation to something in my life.
They are sorted by album. To view an entire track listing for
an album, click on the album links on the page. Not all albums are
From the 1981 album "Only A Lad"
- "I"m just an alien through and through, trying to make
believe I'm you..." On the Outside
- "What you see is what you get, what the hell
did you expect?" What you See
From the 1983 album "Nothing to Fear"
- "In my humble room at night, I often wonder what goes
on out there, what makes them all so scared? I often
stare at the people passing by, but they can't see me through my windowshade,
just like I"m not even there." Private Life
- "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Nothing
- "We've gotten so smart, we know how to blow the whole
world apart." Why'd We Come
From the 1984 album "Good For Your Soul"
- "Have you ever felt that somehow you were not yourself?"
Good For Your Soul
- "Your lips were so soft that I thought they would melt."
Pictures of You
From the 1985 album "Dead Man's Party"
- "Just when I think that things are in their place, the
heavens are secure, the whole things explodes in my face!" Just Another
- "No one lives forever." No One Lives Forever
- "My life's an open letter- tear it up, throw
it away." Fool's Paradise
From the 1987 album "Boi-ngo"
- "If we don't try too hard, we might start falling in
love." We Close Our Eyes
- "I would like to believe in something higher,
but I can't get a grip on all the little things." My Life
- "Welcome to my little world, completely self-contained."
From the 1988 double album "Boingo Alive"
- "The seven dwarves? Ha! There's only four alive today."
- "I used to eat little girls like you for breakfast."
- "Deliver me from this little hell." Mama
From the 1990 album "Dark at the End
of the Tunnel"
- "No one can be trusted" When the Lights Go Out
- "Maybe you just want a chance to let them know that
you live and breathe and suffer..." Out of Control
- "We're all the same underneath our shell." Flesh
- "We're all the same when we return to dust." Flesh
- "Tomorrow may change, or it may never come." Dream
- "Hold the clock, say the words to make it stop." Is
- "If I found the words would I know what to say?" Try
From the 1994 album "Boingo"
- "I'm so jealous I can barely see straight." Hey!
- "I think it's time we all take up a stand, though at
this moment I can't think of what we'd say." Hey!
- "I was there for you, but you turned away." Can't
- "Hope you're happy, found what you're looking for- do
you miss me, miss me at all?" Spider
- "Nothing ever seems to change." Change
- "I'm helplessly trapped in a body I'm sure should've
never been mine- I bet that my real one is doing just fine." Helpless
- "Does love really last through the night?" Helpless
From various related sources
- "It's so hard when you're on your own." "Forbidden
- "Although I'd like to join the crowd in their enthusiastic
cloud, try as I may it doesn't last" - Sally's Song, "The Nightmare