Every website has a link page...OFFICIAL WEBSITES
A direct connection with the world of your favourite artists. Some of them (Guy Fletcher and David Knopfler, for instance) are directly and deeply involved in their websites.
- Mark Knopfler's official website. An impressive look, lots of interesting features. Nearly everything you would expect from an official site.
- Mark Knopfler News is the nearly official Mark Knopfler website. Terry Kilburn mantains it. Informations come directly from Mark's Management. Interviews and lots of links (also to "Cannibals"!!!).
- Guy Fletcher's website: it's him who directly updates it and keeps us updated about his studio work, with or without Mark Knopfler. Don't miss his diaries, with pictures and games.
- David Knopfler publishes a website particularly related to his solo career.
- Mark Knopfler did the soundtrack for "A Shot at Glory", a movie from Revere Pictures. This is the official site of the film.
If you are a fan, what can be better than discovering other fans' pages?
- This is one of the best websites about the latest work by Mark Knopfler: Galderic's Cutrest Cutrepage. Three languages (English, Spanish, Catalan), lots of sound files... and many other interesting surprises!
- Take a stroll in the Portobello Road Market. Look at the virtual stalls of Dire Straits and Knopfler's collectors. Bootleg covers (or "caratulas", since most of them are Spanish) are available. "Cannibals" is involved too!
- Javi's website. Mark Knopfler is very popular in Spain. Photos and sounds from the concert in Bilbao for the Sailing to Phiadelphia tour.
- Arien Ligt's website is really interesting. Enjoy Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's Winamp skins and browse his bootlegs collection.
- Mark Knopfler Tribute: it is what the name promises, and it is mantained by Joel Veitch.
- Jos's website is a nice place where you can find bootlegs and many other interesting things for you to download. Try the midi and the skins sections, they are worth while. The site is in Dutch, but don't worry: you will easily surf it.
- A "Shiver in the Dark": it is what you get when you visit Francisco Javier Peláez's ("el irreductible granaino") page about Dire Straits' music.
- If you are looking for Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's tabs, go to Franck Birambaux's website, and have a good look around.
- Do you like French websites? Don't miss "Planetmark". Cyril dedicated it entirely to Mark Knopfler.
- Daniel Gayo Avello runs "It Never Rains": great design and great content too. Don't miss the midi files.
- From Northern France, Loic Guillou comments Dire Straits albums, in French.
- Edi presents his favourite music (in English and German): Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler are included in the list.
- If you are interested in original bootlegs, don't miss Roberto's website: you'll find plenty of them (more than 150!).
- There are Dire Straits fans in Brazil too: take a look at Marcos' (also known as Sultao) page.
- "On Every Bootleg" contains a large collection of bootlegs on CD-R of Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler and The Notting Hillbillies for trading. Plus some images of meetings with Mark Knopfler.
- Visit the biggest Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's site in Poland (but don't worry if you are not Polish, it's in English!). Nice collection of links.
- Luca Detomi has made a new site about Dire Straits and their songs. It contains pictures, lyrics, midi, their history and a theme for Microsoft Plus! dedicated to Mark Knopfler. The site is in English and in Italian too.
- Kay Egil Nessæther created a Norwegian Mark Knopfler homepage. Enjoy it.
- "El Sultán del Rock" by Jorge Llombart features, among other pages, a very interesting Mark Knopfler biography. If you can read Spanish, don't miss it.
- Alberto created "Sultans On-Line": discography and news in Spanish. You can also vote for your favourite songs.
- Ticket to Heaven is the greatest collection of Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's concert tickets. Julio Bricio is also a contributor of Rockaway, a Spanish fanzine.
- From the title of a song featured in the 'Wag the Dog" soundtrack, Working On It is the new Samuel Lebon's homepage. It's also devoted to Golden Heart and to the famous concert in Vaison-la-Romaine.
- Tolga Celtekligil mantains a "Best songs ever" website. You can vote for your favourite song. Then you can download some cover versions of Dire Straits' songs played by Tolga's band.
- Patty's homepage is called "Welcome To The Starlight Theater", and it's about Mark and David Knopfler, American football and much more.
- Darren Wileman's has a new Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's spot on the web.
- Brothers in Arms is Daniel Olsson's homepage. Top ten lists and Real Audio files from Sweden.
- Neck and Neck (by Thomas Gygax) used to be the most complete homepage about Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits.
- José Marcos, from Spain, has a website called Mark Knopfler, Sultan of Swing", so let's go there!
- Giancarlo Passarella is the editor of "Solid Rock", Italian Dire Straits fanzine and the author of some books about them. He's also a big collector of their records.
If you want to get in touch with other fans all over the world via email, mailing lists are what you need.
- Join the Telegraph Road, Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's mailing list. You'll be soon connected to fans from all over the world!
- If you can speak Spanish, join the Spanish City mailing list. It is not intended as a substitute for the Telegraph Road, but rather as a complement to it for the spanish-speaking T-Roadies.
Dire Straits have been a major influence on many musicians.
- Jorcx: a singer - songwriter from Catalunya. He plays his own songs and translates Knopfler's hits in Catalan. You may enjoy "Fart del Bonaparte" or "Metrolandia". Very nice to listen to.
- Brian Coyne is a musician who seeks to pay tribute to Dire Straits. Mark Knopfler meant everything to him when he was learning to play guitar and write songs. Now he has written and recorded his own songs. He would love to share his music with other Dire Straits fans.
- Abracadabra is a band fron Hungary. Their draw their inspiration from Dire Straits' music; we love their sound, because they write and sing very beautiful songs. You can listen to their songs at mp3.com, and you can also visit their website.
- David James used to be in a duo with Dave Pask, the Café Racers singer for Mark Knopfler in the mid-70s. He once shared the PA equipment on stage with Mark. Now he is playing guitars and harmonica with the Bristol based band "A Few Good Men". It is original, melodic and finely crafted rock, often with insightful and thought provoking lyrics.
- If you like bands playing Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's covers, you can't miss "Golden Hearts". They are fronted by Marco Caviglia. They often play in Italy. In this site you will find the dates of the concerts.
- A cover band from Spain: "Sultans of Swing". This site offers the recording of their best performances.
- "Cannibals" is listed in "Fansites.com". It is a directory of motion picture and television stars that helps fans find sites related to their favorite actors. The directory includes sites ran by fans, and studios as well as reviews.
- Anita started a discussion group about Mark Knopfler
- Musicfoto.com is an interactive gallery featuring thousands of original classic rock music photographs. In concert and backstage, also featuring Dire Straits!
- If you are looking for Dire Straits bootlegs, "Revival Records" may help you complete your collection. And this is the right page if you have something to offer too.
- In "L'Eixordador" you can find news and some rarities about general pop-rock. "Les Músiques de l'Encisidora Nit" offers sound files (sometimes Mark Knopfler's too). It's in Catalan, and it's updated monthly.
- Marc, at PopTopix, has just launched a new Dire Straits portal: direstraits.poptopix.com". Great idea and great site! Congratulations!
can also be reached with this easy url: http://come.to/direstraits. Thanks to Ivo for this.
If you want to get in touch with ' staff, just mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your suggestions, questions, appreciations, criticisms... and anything you want to let us know.
This page is hosted by Get your own Free Home Page