Team Acro Web Site Competition - Summer 2002
A. There will 14 - 30 judges obtained from the Acro community.
B. Each judge will submit a list of all team affiliations, past and present. No judge will review a web site for a team which they are, or have been, affiliated with.
C. Each judge will be presented with a list of 1/4 to 1/2 the eligible team web sites (depending on the number of judges we can get). Over a (2) two week designated period of time, each judge will review the web sites on their list.
D. The judges will score each web site in 5 separate categories rendering a score for each category on a scale from (1) one to (10) ten with (10) ten being the best. IN addition, each judge will be asked to give a "gold star" rating in each category with the gold star going to the team they feel is best in each category.
E. If you are interested in being a judge, send an email to Team Acro Web Site Competition .
2. Judging Criteria
A. The 1st category for judging is Congeniality .
1. Was the site easy to access?
2. Was the site easy to navigate?
3. Was the site friendly and welcoming?
4. Did the site make you want to come back?
5. Did the site generate a feeling of team sportsmanship?
6. Did the site generate a feeling of player support and encouragement?
B. The 2nd category for judging is Imformative Value .
1. Did the site contain good information?
2. Was the information presented in an easy to locate manner?
3. Could both new and experienced acroers understand the information given?
4, Did the site contain accurate links to both Team Acro and Acro Challenge?
5. Did the site give you a good chance to get to know the team and the players ........represented?
C. The 3rd category for judging is Entertainment Value .
1. Was the site fun to visit?
2. Did the site keep your interest?
3. Did the site have something of interest for everyone?
4. Where there additional entertainments offered on the site?
D. The 4th category for judging is Visual Appeal .
1. Was the overall site attractive to the eye?
2. Where the graphics used on the site exceptional?
3. Did the site load in a reasonable period of time?
4. Where text colors and backgrounds used appropriately for ease of reading?
E. The 5th category for judging is Originality .
1. Did the sites text content show originality?
2. Did the sites overall layout show originality?
3. Did the site's navigational methods show originality?
4. did the graphics/logo(s) used on the site show originality?
5. Did the site have any original extra activity or participation contenet?
At the end of the judging period, each judge will submit his/her completed reviews to the Team Acro Web Site Competition , where the results will be calculated and the award recipient determinations will be finalized.
3. Award Determination
A. The ratings on the remaining reviews will be totaled together, including ALL categories, then divided by the number of remaining reviews, AND the number of categories being judged (5), to get an overall competition rating for each website, which will determine the recipients of the highest honors for the competition, the "Blue, Red, and Purple Ribbon" awards (top three overall). If there are ties for placement in these awards, the winner will be determined based on the quantity of "gold star" awards received in ALL categories.
B. The ratings remaining for each website (excluding the three websites receiving highest honors), will be totalled together for each category and divided by the number of remaining reviews, to get an overall category rating for each website, which will determine the recipients of the individual category awards (top four in each category). If there are ties for placement, the winner will be determined based on the quantity of "gold star" awards received in that category.
C. Any website (excluding those receiving awards for highest honors) with an overall category rating of 7.25 or better in a specific category and NOT receiving an award for that category, will receive an "Honorable Mention" award.
Any questions about the Website Competition should be directed
TA Website Competition