Seeking a position as a programmer in the field of web development
Visual Basic, C/C++, FORTRAN, BASIC
Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe ImageReady, Macromedia Fireworks, Macromedia Flash, Paint Shop Pro
SQL Server 2000, Access 2000, MySQL, Oracle, IIS (Internet Information Server), Windows 2000/NT Server, MySQL, UNIX, MS-DOS, Spreadsheets, Desktop Publishing, Word Processing, Multimedia
The following are skills I possess that describe my personality and work ethic:
- Analytical, logical, problem solver with background in mathematics and computers
- Excellent communication skills with experience addressing groups and writing curriculum
- Creative hard worker and self-starter, quick to master new technologies
- Intrinsically motivated worker who is a team player and willing to help co-workers
Automated Graphic Systems, Inc.:
White Plains, MD
WestLake Internet Training:
April 2002 - Present
Work daily as a lead programmer on a variety of web development projects including:
- Database-Driven Sites
- E-commerce Sites
- Employment Modules
- Email Modules
- Administration Modules
- Online Registration Modules
- Password Protected Sites
- Site and Database Searches
Program extensively in a number of web technologies including:
- SQL Server 2000, Access 2000, MySQL, Oracle
- Using SSL and online credit card processing
- Incorporating COM Objects
- Fusebox methodology
- Creating and using ColdFusion Components, Custom Tags, and CFX Tags
Review and edit existing code to improve efficiency and add new capabilities.
Work as a back-up server administrator on system using Windows 2000, IIS, ColdFusion Application Server, DNS Servers.
Calvert High School:
Prince Frederick, MD
September 2000 - March 2002
Trained a wide variety of courses in web development including the following:
- Active Server Pages, ColdFusion, XML/XSLT
- Macromedia Dreamweaver, Graphic Design (Adobe PhotoShop)
- Web Project Management, Web Site Accessibility (Section 508 Compliance)
- Built company's website and created templates - http://www.westlake.com
- Wrote curriculum and workbooks for Dreamweaver and ColdFusion courses
- Created graphics and designed website to be used in courseware
- Edited Certification Exam for Active Server Pages
- Moderator for discussion forum
Student Evaluation Comments:
- "Rick is a very knowledgeable instructor. He is very clear in his explanations and very educated in the subject matter."
- "Rick is quite possibly the best instructor I've ever had. I've taken classes through MicroCenter, EEI, Ikon and other locations. He was better prepared (personally) than anyone else I've ever seen."
- "The instructor Richard Hopper. His presentation was great, easy to follow, his energy was unsurpassed.Mr.Hopper was clear,concise. He seemed to enjoy his work which made the total learning experience a joy.I hope all of your instructor are the same caliber."
Read more ...
August 1995 - July 2000
Positions and Responsibilities:
- Mathematics Teacher
- Student Government Advisor, Baseball & Soccer Coach
- Item writer for Maryland High School Assessment Exams
- Member of Calvert High School Criminal Justice Academy
Catawba College: Salisbury, NC
B.A. - Mathematics: May 6, 1995.
Overall GPA - 3.88 Minor: Secondary Education
Franklin Award (Automated Graphic Systems), Member of Annapolis ColdFusion Users Group, SMECO Outstanding Mathematics Teacher of the Year 2000, Nominated for Calvert High School Teacher of the Year 2000, Calvert High School Staff Member of the Month, Phi Epsilon, Alpha Chi, Kappa Delta Pi, Academic Scholarship winner, Dean's List