|Welcome Tropics Member
This page is dedicated
to describing the Community Leader Training Program for the Tropics and
|The Tropics Community Leader
is hardworking and provides a host of duties including:
1. Helping fellow homesteaders directly with problems and questions relating to HTML, Geocities, and many other areas.
2. Monitoring TheTropics blocks to assure that homesteader pages meet existing Geocities content guidelines.
3. Maintaining a home page that exemplifies what the Tropics could be, and provide a positive example for the Geocities and the Tropics Community.
4. Participating in leader projects to assist the Tropics Community.
5. Provides a voice into the future direction of the Tropics Community.
6. Recommend, review, and/or alert homesteader pages for special awards and/or to help keep unsuitable sites our of the Tropics and it's Suburbs.
In Short, an individual who wants to become a Community Leader, should have a good HTML knowledge base, know his or her way around GeoCities. And be willing to share this knowledge by helping his fellow Neighbors in the Tropics.
|The Community Leader
Once an applicant is accepted, the individual becomes a (CLT)
During CL Training the individual is assigned a Training Mentor who will walk the CLT through each phase of the Training.
The CLT must make contact with his / or her Mentor during the
Training period, on a Daily basis keeping the Mentor abreast of
The CLT must complete an extensive test at the end of their training period. This test could easily take several hours to complete and a minimum passing grade of 80% is required. The test is knowledge based on topics found within your training as a CL for GeoCities.
Benefits given a CL (Community Leader) does not occur
Being a Community Leader is an important responsibility. Children under 13 are not permitted to apply.
The personal information you will be providing is being sent to
and collected by a volunteer, a Community Leader, and NOT an employee of
GeoCities. This information is being collected solely for the purpose of
evaluating your application to become a Community Leader, and determining
whether you should be accepted as a Tropics Community Leader. As part of
the evaluation process, your information is likely to be reviewed by other
Tropics Community Leaders, and may be kept on file by the Tropics Community
Leaders for an indeterminate period of time.
[any other uses should be disclosed].
|Still Interested in becoming
If you are Still interested in becoming a Community Leader, go to the Tropics CL application page by clicking "Here".
|Junior Leader Program
If you are an individual between the ages of 13 and not yet 18
years old. You are eligible to join the Tropics Junior Leader Program.