Spend Forever
By: LilAngelGirl


Disclaimer:They don't belong to me I"m just playing with them.

Notes: Just something I wrote while I was bored.. Feedback is adored! (This is basically Gwen's mind whirling on her wedding day and the event's that happen)



I’m happy, really I am. I am marrying Ethan today, so of course I’m happy. It’s odd, I’m standing here staring at this long white dress I’m wearing in the mirror, and I see the huge smile on my face, but something seems missing. It can’t be the thought of ‘him’ can it? That totally hot guy who held me while I cried at that last ‘wedding’. No not him, because I love Ethan, it’s always been Ethan. I fought for Ethan, Shed tears for no one but Ethan, so of course I want him.

"Darling, get your little self in gear. Gotta walk up that aisle soon." I hear mother say.


I can’t wait. I’m going to marry him after all this time. Yes, I want to marry my Ethan. And he is mine, always has been right? But that night I thought I had lost him for good, the night I thought he was never coming back, that tall handsome guy held me on the beach, wiped my tears and told me I was worth more than being hurt by Ethan. Oh he was so sweet to me. But that doesn’t matter, because I will be Mrs. Ethan CRANE soon. I still can’t believe Julian took him back as his son, but I won’t complain, at least now we’ll have a place to live.

"Gwen dear, are you ready yet? Honestly you are so off in your own little world today." Mother tells me, her voice so perky it actually hurts my head.

I nod at mother and head toward the door as father takes my arm. I’m going to marry Ethan, he came back to me, I still can’t get over that. Theresa wasn’t his true love after all, I proved that to everyone. Poor little Theresa is sitting some where crying now, just like I did once. Oh I do find satisfaction in that. I still can’t get over everything that has happened. Three months ago I stood in this very church and begged Ethan not to marry Theresa and now I’m the one who will be his wife. And I want to, I do. Looking around though I spot that face, his warm glow sends chills down me. And why? I have no clue. I must be honest, I want to be with Ethan. That one night of talking did nothing for me, because I was hurt. Oh but his eyes are still shining at me, and his smile is beaming at me, just like that night. But I have waited so long for this day, everyone knows that. The music, I can hear it playing now. I shall soon become Gwen Crane, and I personally think it has a wonderful ring to it, Gwen Crane, yes I could get used to that. Oh, I can see Ethan now, standing waiting on me. He has this grin on his face, like its only me he wants. Then again, he’s always smiling like that, sometimes I wonder if he’s just spacing out. But I love him, He’s so sweet, so smart, OK so he’s not smart, but handsome he is that. Yes I will marry him soon. He’s watching me now, or either he’s going into his blank stare, honestly he could stare at a wall for a hour without blinking. But I suppose its a interesting trait to have. I’m walking slowly now, toward the man I’ve waited do long to marry. Oh mother is glowing, I must admit she seems happier than I am. I turn my head to look at everyone and I see him again, Hank Bennett. Yes Hank was there for me the night of Ethan and Theresa’s wedding, the night Ethan left elope with Theresa. But instead, while I cried on Hank’s shoulder, Ethan decided he couldn’t marry Theresa, and he came back, to me. Hank appears to be frowning now, why is Hank frowning? He’s a ladies man, he shouldn’t look so upset. Unless, no he can’t be, can he? Is he feeling the same tug I’m feeling? But that’s crazy this is just nerves. Hank doesn’t care about me, he’s just a good man. Sure he has those muscles, and his cute laugh, and his voice its so deep, I must admit I just like hearing him talk. No! Get out of my mind Hank! I’m marrying Ethan now! I’ve wanted it for so long, I have. I standing next to Ethan now, he’s taking my hands and smiling, But I turn to look back at Hank, who is slipping out of the church, why is Hank leaving? He’s Ethan’s Uncle he can’t leave now! But why do I care? Shouldn’t my mind me on what’s going on? And not on the man that just left the church? I shouldn’t be thinking of the way he hugged me, or how he said I was just misunderstood, and that he understood me. Vows. I hear Ethan saying his vows now, I’ve got to say those soon to, vow to love and honor Ethan forever. Forever with Ethan, wow, that’s a long time. Forever explaining things to him over and over, or reminding him of plans we’ve made, forever is longer than I realized. But what about forever having him hold me? That sounds wonderful, forever being is only love. Unless he still loves Theresa, but he doesn’t. I’m suppose to say my vows now, I hear the words coming out of my mouth, slower than I expected. I don’t think I can spit them all out, but why not? Oh this is so confusing.

"Wait, Ethan wait." I hear a voice call from the back of the church.

Theresa! Theresa is standing in the back of the church crying a usual, what does she want now?

"Theresa, I’m marrying Gwen." Ethan tells her.

"But listen to me. I’m carrying your child Ethan." Theresa whimpers out.

She’s reproducing? The little rodent can reproduce? Oh this is just wonderful. I look at Ethan and I feel my whole head ache, He has that confused look on his face. Like he doesn’t understand what she’s just said. I want to yell at him. She’s pregnant you idiot. But I don’t. Instead I find myself looking up at him wondering why I’m even standing here.

"Your what?" He mutters to Theresa.

"I’m pregnant Ethan, with your child." She says pulling out every tear she can.

This is just great, couldn’t she have told him this BEFORE the wedding?

"Gwenie do something." I hear mother shriek at me. I look back at Theresa as the door of the church opens again. Hank! He’s came back in. He looks up at me, I suppose he sees the confused look I have. And I feel his compassion, its like I can sense what he’s feeling and he is doing the same with me. So I do what mother says, I don’t understand how but I do. I look up at Ethan, who is still just blanking out and I take his hands. I hear words coming from my mouth and I don’t stop them. "Go to her Ethan. You belong with Theresa." I whisper.

He looks at me and nods, I was hoping for him to at least fight me on the matter but he doesn’t. No, in true Ethan form he walks toward Theresa and takes her hands.

"I’m going to be a daddy." He grins kissing her.

Couldn’t he at least kissed her outside the church? I watch them run out the church together, and for a moment I feel bad for the poor child that will be raised by these two dummy’s. Then I glance back at Hank, and instead of crying like most brides would have done, I feel my legs running toward him. He stands and waits his arms opened like he knows. This is such a impulse, but I can’t stop myself. I hear mother yelling but I don’t care. I’m going as fast as I can, to the place I belong. And finally I reach him and he embraces me, lifting me in his arms. I look in his eyes, and I kiss his lips softly.

Then I stare back into those eyes, and I realize that would have no problem spending forever looking into those bright eyes. Oh yes, I could spend forever with this man.


SO? lol what did you think? I'm not used to writing Gwen, just wrote her a couple times, let me know what you thought!
Faith