"Castle Triton"
By Theresa Wymer

Uranus and Neptune

This story is set during the Silver Millennium and can be read either as a secret history or an alternate universe.

Starry, starry night. I'm in the observation bowl, floating in a void. With a flip of my body, I can scan 360 degrees around me. I see nothing unusual. I should hope so. Just Triton "below" me, various satellites and miscellaneous bits of space garbage, and stars beyond that. If I squint, I can make out Sol, looking vaguely brighter than the rest of the lights. And, while I can't see it, orbiting around the third planet out from Sol is our capital and seat of Her Majesty, Serenity the Ninth of that name. Luna.

And I can't reach any of it. Not Triton, not Luna. Not Castle Charon, not Castle Miranda. I'm stuck here in Castle Triton, and my communications are gone. The robots are working "day" and "night" to fix the haywire gear. So far it's been half a Lunar day, with no end in sight. In Earth terms, that's half one of their months. By Neptunian standards--well, it'd be just a blip. But blip or not, time drags heavily when you can't even say hello to your family, much less send and receive all the transmissions my job requires.

Of course, anyone chosen to reside in Castle Triton will have unusual self-sufficiency, intelligence, ability to multi-task, an iron-clad memory, and stern devotion to duty. I wish I didn't, at this point. Great-Aunt Amphitrite should be here. This was her baby from the beginning--she loves all the hardware and button-pushing, and the lofty independence of orbiting Triton-the-moon. But after 700 years, the Family officially considered it time for her to retire. Which she did, with outward grace, but I'm sure kicking and screaming all the while on the inside. And it was time for a new Sailor Neptune to be chosen from the ranks of the Princesses of Neptune.

Guess who drew the booby prize.

But this way, at least I'm out of the endless politicking and court ceremonies and backstabbing and marriages of convenience. No one challenges my status, as no one else is fool enough to want my position. The perks are good, and I have unimpeachably high rank both in the Family and in the overall High Court of Serenity. But once in Castle Triton, always in Castle Triton, at least for the next 500 years or so.

And at times, the rewards can be very sweet. If only I could call out! I don't want to send a beacon, as that could draw attention I don't want to get. But I have a repeating tight beam to Castles Miranda and Charon. If anyone's heard me, they either haven't responded or I haven't gotten the message here.

Time to check status. "Poseidon," I ask the Castle's AI, "have the transmission problems been corrected yet?"

"No, Sailor Neptune. The robots are working to rebuild the broken components as fast as possible."

Of course. The same answer as the last time I asked, and the five times before that. I can only be patient. The problem, I am assured, is indeed repairable--it'd better be. It just takes time.

Well, I have no shortage of that. If only I knew what was going on! Am I missing any sudden, vital news? The ability to do my job is compromised as long as this lasts.

Oh, Rin, can you hear me?

I first met Rin when we were children. I'd just come as a shy, pre- adolescent girl to the Lunar High Court, all mindful of my aristocratic airs and graces, intent on not shaming my Family and people at this hub of society. We Outer planets may be relative newcomers to the Lunar Hegemony, but we have an image to maintain as an old and honorable (not to mention mysterious) alliance. I, Thetis, Princess Neptune, and now Neptunian Ambassador (of sorts), would prove a worthy representative.

So I thought, standing in the Silver Palace rose garden, elegantly sniffing a particularly fragrant lavender specimen, when I got pushed roughly into the rosebush in question. Still maintaining proper aristocratic hauteur, I picked myself free of a number of thorns, ripping my second-best green gown to shreds as I did so.

"What's the matter with you? Haven't you ever heard of shoving back instead of falling headfirst into a bunch of flowers?"

Trying not to bleed all over my already ruined dress, I turned regally to face my accuser. I saw a shock of white hair, a slim, boyish figure with hands placed firmly on hips, and teasing blue-grey eyes staring right back at me.

"I don't believe I've had the pleasure," I said, curtsying with due propriety, and trying not to show too much leg through my torn skirt.

He? She? snorted, and stretched out a hand to help me up. "Arianrhod. That's Princess Uranus to you."

"Enchanted," I said politely. Egad. *This* crazed tomboy was the Uranian representative? Well, the Miranda Family had a reputation for eccentricity, and this particular scion lived up to the standard quite nicely.

Her eyes bored into mine. "Ahem. And you are...?"

"I beg your pardon. Thetis, Princess Neptune."

Arianrhod's mouth dropped open. "YOU'RE Princess Neptune? Guardian...here, let me help you back to your rooms. You'll need to get changed before that idiot reception. Why were you wearing something that fancy out here anyway?"

"I suppose I thought it would be an elegant occasion," I returned. "I didn't expect to end up in pitched battle with a rosebush. I don't know what I was thinking."

"You're not supposed to be taken by surprise, even in a flower garden. What if I'd been an assassin? I know, this is a time of peace--so they say--but we of Uranus," she tossed her head proudly, "don't believe in taking stupid chances." She eyed me. "I thought you Neptunians had more sense than those sissy Inners," she added in a lower voice.

I knew better than to laugh, but I couldn't help warming to her. Though I could never admit it aloud, this Arianrhod was a girl after my own heart. "We have an image to maintain," I said in my most decorous tones. "A true Lady of Neptune doesn't run around like a ruffian."

"Oho. Are you implying...?"

"Not a bit of it," said I, with my most diplomatic smile. She knew better.

"Liar."

"No. Politician," I said serenely.

"Touche!"

We both laughed. We'd reached my suite by this time, and Arianrhod pushed me again, this time into the arms of my waiting and horrified attendants.

"See you at the dinner tonight. Oh," she added. "You can call me Rin."

"Thank you, Rin!" I called, as my lady in waiting slammed the door on Princess Uranus.

And so it began. Arianrhod--Rin--was headstrong, pushy, an insane risk-taker, and had no manners or sense of diplomacy at all. And I loved her for it. Family Triton, the only people I'd ever associated with, tended to the sedate and whisper-quiet. Great-Aunt Amphitrite, I'd heard, was an exception, but of course she wasn't on planet, she was happily orbiting around us, and probably everyone concerned was better off for it. As a dutiful daughter of Family Triton, I had my image to maintain, but Rin, bless her, would have none of it.

Thanks to her, I had to do some pretty fast talking when a Martian duke took exception to "the antics of those two immodest Outer hussies". As Rin never wore anything revealing in her life--besides her Senshi uniform--and I, of course, always dressed as a perfect lady, I'm still not sure what he was referring to. Nevertheless, I curtsied deeply and apologized profusely for whatever we'd allegedly done, stepping on Rin's feet a few times whenever she opened her mouth to contradict the duke. As we made our more or less graceful retreat arm in arm, I saw him continue to splutter. I understand Her Majesty had a Word with him, as he never gave us any trouble after that.

Of course I also became good friends with Proserpina, Princess Pluto, and she is my ally and close comrade to this day. And do I ever miss her words of counsel--dammit, I *need* to speak with her, and this stupid transmission problem has cut me completely out of the loop. And the Inner princesses were, and I'm sure still are, utterly sweet girls, if a bit naive from my perspective. But Rin shared all my secrets that I'd never told anyone else, and I gave her the love I'd formerly reserved only for my closest Family members. We studied, sparred, argued endlessly, meditated, and played together. And by the end of it, we found we'd given each other our hearts.

She taught me courage, where before I'd known only caution. Open laughter, for close-mouthed discretion. But she never got me to dress less formally in the rose garden, though I got much better at anticipating when she'd sneak up on me. And I sneaked up on her a few times as well. She forgave me, eventually.

Rin, Rin. I hope you're not too worried about me. Honestly, I'm all right, if I could just get word to you.

My eight hours of duty are over, much good it did anyone. No doubt my little problems threw everyone else's schedules off, as they have to cover my shift now as well as their own. Each of our days is divided into three eight-hour periods--one where we're on duty, one on standby but otherwise free, and one where we sleep. Or perhaps do other recreational activities if we're so inclined. We're all carefully staggered so that at least two people are awake and able to be on duty at all times.

We try to anticipate and minimize potential problems as much as possible. Lag time between Castles and planets is accounted for, though there really isn't much between the three of us, due to modernized communications. Blind spots are all carefully charted and compensated for, though we've still had a few hair-raising surprises. Response between the Outer and Inner planets is still slow, but they're working on improving techniques to speed it up. The three of us should be able to get word to Luna of any potential extra-system attacks before they reach us, anyway.

So we hope. There's always the nagging fear, at least on my part, that someone or -thing will zoom in and get past our defenses before we have time to alert the Inner planets and Luna. Rin just laughs when I mention my "paranoia" as she calls it, and Proserpina nods thoughtfully. I believe Rin takes me seriously behind the surface dismissal. She just prefers not to talk about what she can't help. It doesn't mean she doesn't brood about it at times, though--I know her well enough to be sure of that. Her insouciance is as much an outward defense as my own courtliness is.

I miss you, Rin. I miss hearing your voice, seeing your face, touching you. We can only meet in person a few times, and briefly at that, but I can at least reach you through the communications system. Now I don't even have that.

Are you as lonely as I am?

Enough self-pity. I have a job to do.

"Poseidon! Update?"

"Robots report component almost repaired."

"Good. Notify me the moment we're up."

"Yes, Sailor Neptune."

The last moments of waiting are the hardest.

So there we were, three young Outer princesses, awaiting our official ascension to the hallowed ranks of Sailor Senshi. I was torn inside. My new position meant adult status and my chance to prove myself to Queen, Family, and Hegemony. I wanted that. But I knew equally well that Rin and I would rarely get to meet again in person. It was hard to understand what that truly meant. It felt like we'd been together always. It had been five or six Terran years since our first meeting, and we'd come to realize we didn't want anyone else to take our places in each other's hearts. When we became Senshi, we'd become married to the Castles, and probably never see another living soul again until our retirement sometime in the next 500 years or so. But at least this way, selfish though it was, I knew I'd never have to see Rin married off to another person. We'd still have each other. Even so, it would never be the same.

Rin and I stood under a tall, spreading oak tree, in an obscure corner of the palace garden. It was hard to know what to say. We'd prepared for this moment for so long, and now it was here, we couldn't speak.

"They'll kneel to you and strap the Sword to your belt. You'll be in Senshi uniform. Then you'll kneel to the nobility of Uranus and they'll say, 'Rise, Sailor Senshi of Uranus!'" I said brightly, trying to force down the unhappiness I felt. "And you'll be the greatest Senshi your planet has ever known." And no one will ever be able to call you 'Rin' again, I thought, and I believe she did too.

I thought of the then-current Sailor Neptune stepping down from Castle Triton, and my taking her place there. Orbiting around Triton forever, or near to it, untouched. Well out of flatterers and interference and...

"Thetis. Stop crying. It's okay." Rin gently wiped my face with her fingers, then kissed me. "Shh. Besides, we'll get to talk with each other all the time, and with the holograms and somatic technologies, you'll never know I'm not there with you. Hmm?"

I laughed. "What a liar you are, Rin," I said, and then we were in each other's arms, no longer trying to suppress our sobs. I remember thinking muzzily that it was just as well we got our feelings out of the way now, not having a grief attack at the ceremony itself or something.

Oh, and the ceremony was magnificently splendid, if you like that sort of thing. Rin and I don't, particularly, but even we had to admit it was an awe-inspiring spectacle to take part in.

We, all of us young princesses, Inners and Outers both, stood nervously in the wings. Rin and I would have clutched hands, but instead we clutched our rose bouquets in our sweaty palms. At the first fanfare, the Inners filed out before the Queen, Crown Princess Serenity, His Royal Highness Prince Endymion, selected members of our Families, and other assorted high ranking nobles. I saw them abase themselves before the Queen, as etiquette demanded, then watched Her Majesty raise them one by one, kissing each princess on the forehead. Sigils flared with each kiss. Then they curtsied deeply to the Princess, kissing her hands. I missed her response, as Proserpina gently shook my shoulder.

Second fanfare, and our cue to enter. Taking a deep breath, I took my place between Rin and Proserpina, and we stepped out in single file, then turned to face the Queen. Each of us set down our bouquets in front of Her Majesty--Rin's yellow, mine lavender, Proserpina's deep red. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Rin fall to her knees on my left, her midnight-blue cape brushing my hem. My long skirts rustled as I sank to the floor myself, the white marble cold and hard against my forehead. I held the kowtow for what seemed like forever, praying my long, green hair wouldn't come out of its elaborate upsweep and fall on the floor. Guardian be thanked, it didn't, and I felt Her Majesty's touch on the top of my head. I rose, and she kissed my brow. I felt a sudden cold burn where her lips touched me, and barely repressed a shiver. I picked up my bouquet, and thought, "This is it." I remember that very clearly. Proserpina also stood up, graceful in her garnet gown. We couldn't leave immediately, though--there was a minute's pause for the Unawakened Senshi, Saturn. Even though not physically present, she was always given due honor in the ceremonies. I remember thinking, a bit hysterically, that if Saturn actually ever did show up, we'd all drop dead of heart failure from sheer surprise. But of course, we'd all be dead within five minutes anyway, so our shock would be purely academic. I had to suppress a crazed giggle at that point. The stress was getting to me.

Then on to the Crown Princess. I made my very best full court curtsy and took her small hands in mine, kissing them ceremoniously. I was not prepared for her to give me a tight hug when I came up again. She flashed an impish smile at me, and I felt myself blushing. Unexpected, but nice. Serenity the Tenth's ruling style, I believe, will be quite different from that of her mother's. Not better, not worse, but definitely not the same. Maybe the next round of new Senshi won't have identical red marks on their foreheads from slamming into the floor. That would be nice.

Then Proserpina, Rin, and I all got to withdraw for a few moments before facing the crush of people at our reception. Even now, we didn't mingle much with the Inners. I looked out one of the long French windows, absently straightening some of the rose petals. I couldn't even look at Rin. I didn't know what she was thinking; I wasn't sure what my own thoughts were. When we had gotten our breaths back a bit, we went out and socialized, reacquainting ourselves with Family members we hadn't seen in years, and making graceful small talk with court nobility whom we had.

Things are sort of blurred in my memory until the official dinner. The Queen and her court of Old Senshi--including Amphitrite--sat at the crescent-shaped High Table. We New Senshi were at the table just below. Their Royal Highnesses Serenity and Endymion took their seats in the middle. I imagine there had been considerable jockeying for position and much discussion among the Terran representatives and Lunar chamberlains as to how everyone should be seated at our table. The end result was Inners to the left of Serenity, alternating boy- girl with the Prince's generals. Endymion's throne was slid over further to the right than it normally would have been, and we Outers were on his right. I'm sure we looked lopsided, but it was probably the most diplomatic way to work things out. Normally, we would have been in an even crescent, Inners on one side, Outers on the other, with an empty chair on our end for the Unawakened Senshi, Saturn. It felt distinctly strange with the new setup. I was used to glancing over to Princess Mercury in my line of sight, and instead I kept running into General Nephrite. Fortunately, Rin was seated to my right, as usual, and I distinctly remember feeling my face redden as she stealthily kinked her leg around mine under the table. I resolved to enjoy it; I might be playing footsies with her for the last time.

Suppressing *that* thought, I looked over to the High Table. I saw Sailor Neptune turned in conversation to Sailor Pluto. They clinked glasses, and seemed to giggle flirtatiously. Oho. I wouldn't have thought it of Great-Aunt Amphitrite. That might help explain her willingness to stay at Castle Triton so long. If she and her Pluto could stay together for that dizzying length of time, perhaps there was hope for me and Rin after all.

I turned to speak to Proserpina on my left, wondering if she'd noticed what her own Family member was up to. She was looking elsewhere. I intercepted her gaze...oh, dear. Endymion was oblivious to her love-starved expression, and no doubt just as well. He was thoroughly wrapped up in Princess Serenity, and she in him. Not physically, I mean--their behavior was perfectly decorous--but it was clear how much they doted on each other.

Poor Proserpina. Part of me wanted to comfort her, but part of me knew she wouldn't thank me for it. And I was afraid to talk to Rin, in case my suppressed emotions got the better of me and I started snivelling all over the tablecloth or something. And I kept looking at the wrong person across the table, and I was embarrassed to be caught staring at Amphitrite and *her* Pluto, and...

To make a long story short, it was not the most comfortable dinner party I have ever been at. Not that many ever are.

Poseidon interrupts my reverie. "Sailor Neptune, audio capabilities are now running. Intercepting transmission from Castles Miranda and Charon."

Guardian be thanked. "Patch me through to Miranda, then Charon. Now."

"Yes, Sailor Neptune."

A long pause. "Apologies, Sailor Neptune. Transmissions received but unable to respond."

"Damn!"

"Sailor Neptune?"

"Excuse me, Poseidon." I take a deep breath. "Fine. Please broadcast Miranda."

"Yes, Sailor Neptune."

I tap my fingers, nervously anticipating hearing Rin's voice for the first time in what feels like years. *Neptunian* years. Ah. At last.

"Castle Miranda calling Castle Triton. Castle Triton, please respond. Dammit, Thetis, answer me!" She sounds terrible--her voice is rough, as though she's been trying to get through for hours. No doubt she has.

I grit my teeth. "Poseidon, get me connected to Castle Miranda as soon as possible. If I'm asleep, wake me. If I'm in the bathroom, get me there."

"Yes, Sailor Neptune."

My palms hurt. I realize my nails have cut into the skin, I've clenched my hands so hard.

Rin turned my hand over and gently kissed my palm. We were finally alone, after a tiring afternoon and evening. Round two was coming up tomorrow. I tried not to think about it, with little success.

Rin's hands slipped over my shoulders lovingly, and I relaxed into the embrace. We were cuddling in her suite--her suite, my suite, whichever. By that time, we'd consolidated to the point that our rooms were pretty much interchangable. Our attendants had long ago resigned themselves to walking through both areas when they needed to locate us.

I clung to her, unwilling or unable to let go. Our childhood was gone, our adolescence rapidly slipping away from us, and adulthood was coming all too soon. Adulthood alone in the Castles. It was fine for the Inners, I thought jealously. They could all stay together at Luna forever, or until the death of the Crown Princess. We Outers would grow up together only to be sent into exile. Not fair.

"I know it's not fair," Rin whispered in my ear. I hadn't even realized I'd spoken aloud. Maybe she'd just read my thoughts again. "Don't think about it," she continued. Her fingers tenderly lifted my chin to meet her eyes. "I love you, Thetis. I always will. Castle Miranda won't change that. It can't."

I couldn't avoid her gaze, though her face blurred through my tears. "I love you too, Rin." I sniffed. "Let's not waste this time."

She smiled at me, sweet and sad. "Okay, Thetis. It's just you and me now." We slid down together onto the bed, holding each other close. I felt a guilty pang as I thought of Proserpina. How could I cry like this? Rin and I had each other, but Proserpina couldn't even have that satisfaction. I'd never wished Endymion ill before, but I couldn't help hating him, just at that instant. He'd broken my best friend's heart, and didn't even know it.

Oh well. I held Rin tightly to me, and blotted out everything else.

Rin's voice is still going. Stop this, Uranus, I want to tell her. Don't waste your breath and energy like this. But I know that in her place, I'd be doing exactly the same thing. For Pluto, too.

She finally cuts out, exhausted, promising to be back after she's gotten some rest. She's eaten way into her downtime. I hope she can sleep, as she'll be needing it.

"Sailor Neptune?" Poseidon interrupts. "We should now have audio broadcast capabilities."

About bloody time. "Thank you, Poseidon. Castle Triton calling Castle Miranda. Castle Miranda, please respond. Castle Triton call..."

"THETIS!"

Ow. How can she still have the vocal cords left to shout like that?

"Castle Triton here, Castle Miranda respond, over."

"This is Castle Miranda. Thetis, are you all right? Answer me!"

"I can't respond if you're talking, foolish one. Yes, I'm fine. No problems other than communications being down. I only have audio for now. Now what's going on? I didn't see any trouble during my downtime--anything from you or Pluto?"

I hear her take a ragged breath. "No. No reports of trouble on the border, but you've scared us witless."

Video cuts in abruptly at this point, a grainy, 2-D black and white, but it's so good to see Uranus again that I don't care the quality is poor. "Oh. Looks like I just got visuals. Can you see me on your end?"

Her tired face breaks into a smile before I finish the first line. "Yes." Spoken like an answer to prayer.

"Go to sleep, sweetheart," I say gently. "I'm so sorry I worried you."

"No. I've waited this long to talk to you, do you *really* think I'm going to bed now? Unless you've got somatic up now as well...."

"Sorry, I don't. And I'm taking over your duty shift for awhile-- don't you think of arguing with me. I'm sure you and Pluto have been driving yourselves crazy taking over for me."

"We certainly have. You don't know the half of it!" she mock-scolds. Through the jumpy video, I see her face change as we just look at each other.

Rin's face was unusually solemn at that moment. I imagine we all were. Formal recognition had been given to all the New Senshi yesterday, but today was for us Outers only. The Talisman Investiture had been a hallowed ceremony for the Outer Alliance centuries before we swore ourselves to Luna. Peace had come with the dawn of the Silver Millennium, but like all good imperial rulers, the Serenity of that time period knew how important the old ceremonies are. We might have lost our full independence, but not our pride. The Serenities have always let us keep that, at any rate.

For the first time, we made our appearance in full-fledged Senshi uniform in public. Rin stood on the dais of the Uranian Senshi, not, I think, registering any of us. She held her head high and proudly, legs spread in almost a combat stance. Old Sailor Uranus stepped up beside her. Slowly, reverently, she unclasped the Space Sword from where it had hung at her side for centuries, and placed it in Rin's hands. Rin bowed deeply, and a Mirandan attendant carefully strapped the Sword on her. All Uranians present, including the Old Senshi, knelt to Rin, now Sailor Uranus. New Uranus carefully raised Old Uranus, bowed to her again, and stepped off the dais, followed by the former Senshi and the attendant.

My turn. Feeling a bit self-conscious in my bare legs, and trying not to wobble on the outrageously high heels, I stepped up to the Neptunian dais. I blinked at the bright lights suddenly on me, and tried not to think that every second was being broadcast to every settlement in the solar system. My Family, just about all of it, was in the audience, but I couldn't see them. My knees trembled, and I hoped I wouldn't collapse ignominiously.

Great-Aunt Amphitrite, Sailor Neptune, came up and held the Mirror in both hands to me. I bowed to both of them. I couldn't believe this was happening. Amphitrite had been Sailor Neptune for...well, forever, it seemed like. And the Deep Aqua Mirror had been passed down in an unbroken chain for as long as there had been a King or Queen on Neptune. We didn't have our rulers any longer, but we had Senshi. And now it was my turn to hold the Mirror.

My hands shook. The Mirror was old, old, and had that patina of age on it. It all but burned my hands--the Talisman was so charged with energy, both from its holders and as a weapon of power in its own right. Old Sailor Neptune noted some reaction I must have made to it, and her face just barely shifted in satisfaction.

"I made the right choice," she murmured, so softly that it totally eluded transmission. I knelt at her feet and held the Mirror to my forehead. So intense--it seemed as though every one who had ever had the Mirror in possession flashed before me. Amphitrite steadied me as I rose, and knelt to me in turn. Was she crying? I couldn't tell. It still felt unreal. Amphitrite, of all people, couldn't possibly be paying homage to me. It would be like Queen Serenity...

I cut myself off, remembering I still had to finish this. I lifted my great-aunt, now back to being just another Neptunian princess, and walked off the dais. Without tripping, praise the Guardian. I sat down next to Rin, shaking like a leaf, and watched Proserpina go through her own ceremony of receiving the Jewel.

Once there would have been a ritual for the Glaive of Saturn. But not now. After the wars that almost tore our system apart, Saturn, along with her own Talisman, was consigned to eternal sleep, only to be awakened in the most utterly dire of emergencies. There was a long silence after Sailor Pluto stepped down, as all of us remembered. There was a hole in the Outers, our present three against the four Inners, but the price of all of us reunited was far too high to pay. The three of us felt that gap, somehow. Our peoples had never been quite the same after the Fall of Saturn, even though that had happened long before the eldest of us had been born.

And now the weight of the Senshi responsibilities was on our own shoulders, not on Great-Aunt Amphitrite's or anyone else's. We were our planets' representatives, their warriors, their safeguards. And we were also now the bulwark of defense against attack from outside, sworn to protect the Lunar Hegemony's borders. Alone. Guardians give us strength. I felt Sailor Uranus' hand in mine, placed my other hand in Sailor Pluto's. We had to have each other now; there was no one else left for us. Not our rulers, not our Families, not even the Queen and Princess. Only the three of us. Forever.

And it's still that way for us. Uranus has finally consented to go to bed--to go to sleep that is, since we still don't have somatic running. I've caught up with Pluto, who mentioned something about disturbances on Terra, though she wasn't clear on the details. I haven't yet spoken to the Family. Once, that would have been my highest priority, but Family Triton somehow isn't my real family any more. My real family is Rin and Proserpina, my beloved and my sister.

I have so much to catch up on. Getting in touch with the Family on Triton, covering extra shifts for poor, exhausted Rin. Catching up on my backlog of Lunar soap operas. Last I left off, Darien had dumped Serena for about the fifteenth time, for some red-haired hag and her boytoys, and I have to see how the writers will get the star- crossed lovers back together *this* time. I hope they don't do the time-travelling child-from-the-future bit again.

Castle Triton is back. All of it. All of me. For as long as we're needed, we'll be here. Watching on the border.

END OF TRANSMISSION

 

Theresa Ann Wymer twymer@efn.org

Fanfics