Thomas J. Re, MD,MSEE
Radiology Resident in Verona, Italy.
U.S. Educated Biomedical Engineer with Italian Medical Degree and over ten years of professional software development experience in the U.S. and Europe. Currently completing a
Radiology Resident in Verona, Italy and working on a collaboration in DW-MRI research project at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) in Heidelberg.
[Sample JAVA Code]
ITALY cell: +39-349-5334449
NYC cell: +1-646-736-7389
- Universita' Cattolica, Rome, Italy
Medical Degree - March 2007, Final Grade 110/110 Cum Laude
Thesis area: Radiology: Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Internship: April-July 2007
Italian Board Certified July 2007
- Columbia University School of Engineering and Applied Science, New York City
M.S. in Electrical Engineering- May 1995, GPA 3.8/4.0
Teaching assistant for Digital Image Processing.
Completed course in MRI Physics in Fall 2006
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
B.S. in Biomedical Engineering August 1986, Magna Cum Laude, GPA 3.5/4.0
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York
Biomedical Engineering first biennial (1982-84). GPA 3.5/4.0
- Java (3yrs+Sun Certified), ImageJ (3months), Python (3months), JSP (6months), C++ (2yrs), C (5yrs),
- HTML, SQL, Servlets, JDBC, OOD, FORTRAN, BASIC, ASSEMBLER (6502, 68000).
- Re TJ, Neuman MR: Thermal contact-sensing electronic thermometer. Biomed Instrum Technol.1991Jan-Feb;25(1):54-9.
- A.Pedicelli, M.Rollo, M.Piano, T.J.Re,
M.C.Cipriani, C.Colosimo, L.Bonomo:
Vertebroplasty with a High-Quality Angiographic Unit.
EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF RADIOLOGY. [Accepted 10-2007]
A.Fasano, C.Colosimo, H.Miyajima, P.A.Tonali, T.J.Re, A.R.Bentivoglio. Aceruloplasminemia: a Novel Mutation in a Family with Marked Phenotypic Variability. Movement Disorders.[In Review]
- Guest Scientist
German Cancer Center (DKFZ), Heidelberg, Germany. 9/08-2/09 & 9/09-Present
Participating in the development, software implementation, and patient testing of a novel DWI technique in Pancreatic Cancer MRI Diagnostics.
Details Published by Siemens Medical Systems.
- JSP/Java Developer
Conmet.it, Prato, Italy. 1/08-6/08
Tech lead for the web site: www.neuroSIRM.org. Official web site of the Neuroradiology group of the Italian Society of Medical Radiology.
- TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
Radiology Department, Gemelli Hospital, Rome, Italy. 6/05-3/07
Responsible for the evaluation of Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS) software package, jMRUI, for use in a neuroimaging research application. Created a Java/Swing software utility to transfer and convert raw MRS files from a GE Infinity LX11 to jMRUI software. Trained and provided technical support to radiology staff in the use of jMRUI. (Part-time as student thesis).
- JAVA CONTRACTOR
SearchNatural.com, Oakland, CA 6/00-6/01.
Space SpA, Prato, Italy 11/00-2/01.
ecPlatforms, Emeryville, CA 11/99-5/00.
Hewlett Packard, Cupertino, CA. 3/99-5/99.
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Iconixx, Bethesda, MD.
Deloitte & Touche Consulting and MCI. 3/97-8/98
- C++ CONTRACTOR
Telecom Italia via Consultancy Program Group, Rome, Italy. 9/96-3/97.
IBM, Rome, Italy. 9/95-2/96
- MEDICAL APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER
Sistemi Informativi Multimediali srl Rome, Italy. 5/88-9/93.
- COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR, Caritas Ethiopian Refugee Program, Rome, Italy. Volunteer. 12/86-12/87.
- U.S. and Italian Citizen.
- Fluent in English and Italian;
- Studied: French, German, Ahmaric.