|Fitting the Bumpers|
|Fit of the rear bumper Julian gave me. He thought it was an OEM part; it's not.
Way to low on right side.
|Way to high on right side.
I probably could work the height differences out, but don't want to try on a repro bumper, if possible.
That's my daughter Tess, my 12 yr old female gearhead.
|As you can see, the bumper is twisted.
After consulting the VMF, they pointed out that I could move the rear bumper around quite a bit to help fitment.
Will try again with an OEM bumper.
|I really liked the look down the front left fender, with the new emblems on.
My goodness, this paint job is growing on me!!
|Here's a close-up pic of how I attached the front bumper side clip to the front fender hole. I used a rubber washer and three stainless washers, then the bolt kit rubber gasket that's glued to the nutplate.|
|Here's a close-up of the underside of the right front bumper extension (around the right front fender). I used the same washer build-up as on the left side.
See how nice and clean it is!
Unfortunately, the men who rechromed the front bumper overarched the right side a bit (see how the upper valance panel is not level with the bumper). Probably no one but me will notice; however, when I get the car running, I'll need to have them re-arch the bumper to make it fit better. That's a couple of years away, unfortunately...
They did an amazing job with the chroming though!!
|Back to Homepage|