Apache Installation with DSO support
I had problems at this point because Mandrake had the Apache installed in my system with RPM. But because we need to recompile the server to add DSO support I first uninstalled my Apache Server with:
& rpm -q --nodeps apache
(“&” is just the linux prompt!)
Then I “uncompress” the tar file (tar -xvf apache_1.3.12.tar ) or the tar.gz file (tar -zxvf apache_1.3.12.tar.gz) into a temp directory that was “/myprograms”
After that i just did the following to install apache again with DSO support
1. First I entered the directory created “/myprograms”:
& cd /myprograms/apache_1.3.12/
2. Then i just did the following:
3. After configuration is complete you must type:
4.Finally just type the following and apache will be installed in the path /usr/local/apache or the one you selected.
5. Now you must prove your installation to function correctly, just enter the following directory:
I think apachectl is a script so if it does not function give it permission of execution. apachectl must start the “httpd daemon”, then just open your web browser and type in the url “localhost”, and the apache default page must be displayed..
JServ Module Installation (Servlets support)
1. First make sure you have installed apache server with DSO support (see instructions above)
2. Untar the Jserv ApacheJServ-1.1.2.tar in any directory, for example “/myprograms”
3. Just type the following to compile the module
& ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/jserv \
Remember that you must choose your appropriate directory structure for the apxs, for the jdk-home and for the JSDK
4. Now just type the following commands:
5. You have to prove your installation, open your web browser, make sure apache server is functioning correctly, then just type
And you must be able to see the welcome page.