XHTML Tutorial 1 Test Notes
4. The physical structure of the Internet uses fiber-optic cables, satellites, and phone lines to send data back and forth.
6. The foundation for the Web was laid in 1989 by researchers seeking an information system that would make it easy for their colleagues to locate and share data.
11. Graphical browsers can display video, sound, animations, and a variety of other features.
13. A markup language is a language used to describe the content and structure of documents.
14. HTML was developed from SGML.
15. The World Wide Web Consortium has created a set of standards or specifications that all browser manufacturers.
16. Over the years, each browser has added extensions to HTML that support new features.
17. Browser extensions have provided Web page authors with more options, but at the expense of complicating Web page development.
18. A two-sided tag contains a(n) opening tag that tells the browser to turn on a feature and apply it to the content that follows.
19. In a two-sided tag, a(n) closing tag turns off the feature.
20. Closing tags are identified by the slash that precedes the tag name.
21. The text-align style of a header tag instructs the browser whether to center a given header, for example.
22. The portion of a document that Web users will see is contained between the <body> tags.
23. HTML supports six levels of headings.
25. To add space between paragraphs, you use the <p> tag.
26. A(n) ordered list is used to display information in sequential order.
29. Inline images should be in the Gif or JPEG formats.
30. The technique of placing one element within another is called nesting.