Trina Parks Tribute Page
MR ALCUS HOLLY (agency)
Click to e-mail Trina's agent at firstname.lastname@example.org
This page is my tribute to Trina Parks: actress, singer and dancer.
Site Updated: March 24, 2009
Ms. Parks Starting Her Own Dance Classes!Beginning the 7th of April
Tuesday(s) @ 1:30 - 3pm (Salsa/Caribbean)
Wednesday(s) @ 7pm - 8:30pm (Modern/Jazz, NY/Broadway style)
Individual class is $15.00
Monthly is $50.00.
At the Desert DANCE Academy, Performing Arts Center.
Located across from Gottschalks Department store in the
Palm Springs Mall
173 South Farrell Drive
Palm Springs, California
(at the corner of East Tahquitz Canyon Way & South Farrell Drive)
Hope to see you there!
Choreographer * Principal Dancer * Dance Instructor
Trina has created her own solo act, captivating audiences from the East to the West coasts and throughout Eastern and Western Europe. She performed with the Lionel Hampton Band in NYC. She also performed at the "Las Vegas Rivera," "The Desert Inn," "Harrah's Tahoe" in Sammy Davis's show, "The Hilton Manila" and "The Crystal Room" in Tokyo, Japan.
She has taught Modern, Jazz, Broadway, African and Haitian dance in New York and Los Angeles, teaching all age groups as well as special education students and church groups at rehabilitation and assisted living centers. Trina also taught Modern Dance at the New Dance Group in New York City; for the Bronx and Manhattan Board of Education; for the Los Angeles High School for the Arts. Ms. Parks was on the dance staff of the LA Music Center, Educational Dance Division. Her other teaching credits include "SOUL TRAIN," Inner City Cultural Center, movement to actors in Los Angeles and aerobics at the Jane Fonda Dance School in Los Angeles and at the New York City College.
Ms. Parks arranged and produced her own show, Trina's Tribute to Duke Ellington, which she performed in New York City and Los Angeles. In 2003, Trina became the first African-American feature performer in the "Fabulous Palm Springs Follies" in Palm Springs, California.
Here are Trina's credits:
- The Phantom Farmhouse episode of television's Night Gallery
- McCoy - NBC Movie of the Week
- Dick Shawn Special - Featured singer/dancer - CBS
- Hollywood Palace (2 shows) - Featured singer/dancer - NBC
- French composer Michel Legrand Special - Featured dancer - Paris TV
- Dionne Warwick Special - Featured dancer - CBS
- Telly Savalas Special - Featured dancer - CBS
- The Selling of the President
- Her First Roman
- Emperor Jones - Principal - NY & European Tour, with James Earl Jones
- The Great White Hope with James Earl Jones
- Bittersweet - Principal - Long Beach C.L. Opera, with Shirley Jones
- More Than You Deserve - Principal - NY Shakespeare Festival, with Fred Gwynne
- They're Playing Our Song - Principal - Grand Dinner Theatre, with Joanne Worley
- House of Flowers '92 - Principal - East Coast Tour, with Pattie LaBelle
- In Dahomey - New Federal Theatre at the Harry De Jur Playhouse, New York
- Sophisticated Ladies - Starring - US Tour
- National Tai Pai Theatre - Guest Soloist - European Concert
- Changes - Principal - Theatre Delys
- Ovid's Metamorphoses - Principal - Mark Taper Forum, Los Angeles
- Catch a Rising Star
- Bread, Beans and Things - Co-Star - Aquarius Theatre, Los Angeles
- Black Ballet Jazz - Guest Artist - European Tour
- Black Diamonds - Guest Artist - John Houston Theatre
- I Don't Want to Cry No More
- Deux Anges Sont Venus - Guest Artist - Theatre de Paris
- Sights and Sounds at Carnegie Hall
- Eleo Pomare Dance Company - Guest Artist
- Tribute to Sammmy Davis Jr. - New York
- Trina's Tribute to Duke Ellington - One Person Show
- The Wiz
- Clytemnestra & Agamemnon
- Rumba - Lulu Washington Dance Company
- Golden Globe Awards
- Car Wash movie tour
- "Tribute to the Black Woman" concert
ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHED 8 X 10 PICTURES OF TRINA PARKS AS 'THUMPER' FROM THE OO7 MOVIE DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER
ALSO AVAILABLE -
Black and White: $19.95
(includes shipping and handling)
LIMITED EDITIONS OF HER PERSONAL (HEAD SHOT) PHOTO
Discounts for orders of more than one photo
PLEASE E-MAIL MS. PARKS HERSELF FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
ALSO!!TRINA PARKS HAS A PROMOTIONAL CD &/or a DVD, FOR MUSIC PRODUCERS AND VARIETY (LIVE PERFORMANCE) AGENTS ONLY. ANYONE ELSE CAN PURCHASE THE DVD FOR $20.00 EACH
PLEASE E-MAIL TRINA FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
GIVE A PHONE CALL FROM TRINA!
"The website, HollywoodIsCalling.com, is where anyone can make an appointment to speak directly to me. When a 'fan' calls, the representatives book a time that I will phone the 'fan.' Then Hollywood is Calling e-mails me with the information."
Sounds like a great gift . . . or gift for oneself!
Includes pictures of Trina away from her life as an entertainer.