The Museum is situated in Abergwili -
approx. 2 miles from the centre of Carmarthen in West Wales .
The site has
a long history dating back to around 1290'ish . Originally a
college of priests - around 1542 the Bishop of St.Davids decided
to move his palace here from St.Davids in Pembrokeshire . The
building remained the Bishop's Palace until 1972 when the Bishop
moved to a new residence next door and the museum opened to the
public here in 1978 having previously been located in Quay St.
contact information .
address- Carmarthenshire County Museum,Abergwili,Carmarthen,Carmarthenshire.SA31
tel. +44 01267
228696 (office hours).
fax. +44 01267
contains a variety of displays relating to life in Carmarthenshire
ranging from pre-history through to more recent times . Displays
include - Archeology .Dairying .Eighteenth and Nineteenth centuries
. 1st and 2nd World Wars ..... and others .
hours - 10.00a.m.
to 4.30p.m. Mon to Sat.
Open all year
round except Christmas/Boxing Day and New Years Day .
Full access to wheelchair users .
Click on the links below
to view the galleries.The
blacked or greyed out rooms are not open to the public .
These pages might
be slow to load.
no admission charge to the museum.
the webmaster click below