To earn this recognition you must complete five of the activities listed below.
1) Read the Career Exploration interest project in the Cadette and Senior Girl Scout Interest Projects. Select and complete two of the activities.
2) Find out about at least five careers. Identify the type of training required and salary range.
3) Spend a day at work with someone who has a job in which you are interested. Discuss job responsibilities and note how time on the job is spent.
4) Research two fields in which women are not the majority.
5) Interview three mothers with salaried positions. Find out how they balance their jobs and families, how they came to be in their current positions, and what their future dreams are.
6) Collect several advertisements for at least three different positions that interest you. Compare the ads to get a general profile of each position.
TO SILVER AWARD PAGE