PRESQUE ISLE BRIDE-Mrs. Wilbert C. Anderson, the former Ruth Elizabeth Ackerman, was married recently in the Presque Isle Baptist church; Rev. Philip C. Hughey, pastor, officiating at the double-ring service.

Ruth E. Ackerman Is Married To Wilbert Anderson In Presque Isle

PRESQUE ISLE, April 26 [1947] -- Miss Ruth Elizabeth Ackerman daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Nelson Ackerman of this city was married to Wilbert C. Anderson, son of Mr. and Mrs. John H. Anderson in the presence of a large number of friends and relatives at the United Baptist church in this city recently.

Mrs. Robert Mill played incidental organ music before the ceremony and the traditional wedding marches. Albert W. Berrie sang "Oh Promise Me" and the consecration hymn, "In the Hollow of His Hand."

The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, was lovely in a gown of white chiffon, with lace insertion. Her knee-length veil was of tulle caught in a tiara of beaded orange blossoms. Her "borrowed" article was a double stranded necklace of pearls belonging to her mother. She carried a shower bouquet of Easter lilies.

Miss Clara Ackerman, sister of the bride, was maid of honor, wearing blue marquisette. Mrs. Valeda Kinnemore Peterson was matron of honor in a gown of yellow marquisette; Louise and Mildred Barnes were bridesmaids, wearing yellow and blue net respectively. All the bride's attendants wore short veils and carried arm bouquets of jonquil and white carnations.

Priscilla Jane Perry, little daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frederick Perry, was flower girl in a long blue organdy gown with matching short veil. She carried yellow roses, from which she scattered petals in the path of the bride.

The bridegroom was attended by Harold Ackerman, brother of the bride, was best man. Ushers were Sterling Ackerman, a brother of the bride, George Peterson and Stanley Mattson of Stockholm.

Following the ceremony a reception was held in the church vestry which had been decorated in yellow and blue by friends of the bride. Baskets of lilies and white snapdragons were used in both the church and vestry.

In the receiving line with the bridal party were the parents of the bride and bridegroom. Mrs. Ackerman, mother of the bride, was dressed in gray and Mrs. Anderson, mother of the bride-groom, in blue. They complemented their ensembles with corsages of gardenias. Mrs. Moll rendered incidental piano music during the reception.

Mrs. Sterling Ackerman and Mrs. Ellouise Kinney were in charge of the gift table. Mrs. Herbert Baker presided over the guest book which was signed by over two hundred. Miss Dorothy Thompson cut the bride's cake after the traditional first slice had been cut by the bridal couple. It was served by Miss Carolyn Perry and Mrs. P. C. Hughey, Jr. Assisting in serving were Charlene Morrill, Olive Zwicer, Harriet Simpson and Thelma Wilhelmson.

Mr. and Mrs. Anderson left for Worcester, Mass., on their wedding trip. Mrs. Anderson chose for traveling a navy blue crepe with yellow accessories. She wore a corsage of gardenias. On their return they plan to make their home in New Sweden.

Mrs. Anderson was graduated from Presque Isle high school the class of 1939. For the past four years she has been employed at the local telephone office. The bride-groom is engaged in farming.

1