Mary Trevan's Easton Ancestors
The earlier Easton ancestors I have traced my line to are Richard and Eliza. The top part of this page shows my direct lineage, and the bottom part includes a few sections on their siblings where I have found information about them.
Richard Easton (c1798-) and Eliza nee Bound
Richard Easton married Eliza Bound on 19 May
1818 at Brixham, Devon
They had at least 8 children
1841 Census, Plymouth, Devon, England - Lambhay Lane
- John Record Easton was baptised 4 Nov 1821, St. Andrews, Plymouth, Devon, and he married Jane who was born in Cornwood, Devon
I am descended from them.
- Elizabeth Down Easton was baptised 24 Oct 1824, St Andrews, Plymouth, Devon
- Richard Joseph Easton was baptised 25 Sep 1827, St Andrews, Plymouth, Devon, and he married Caroline England on 19 Dec 1847 at Stoke Damerel
- Mary Ann Morgan Easton was baptised 28 Mar 1830, St Andrews, Plymouth, Devon, and she married John Thomas Forrest
Doris McKeer is one of her descendents.
- George Easton was born c1833
- Sally Ann Knowles Easton was baptised 9 Jun 1839, St Andrews, Plymouth, Devon
- Philip Easton was baptised 18 Oct 1840, St Andrews, Plymouth, Devon and was buried 17 Oct 1841, St Andrews, Plymouth
- Rebecca Easton was born c1842 in Plymouth
||Born in County?
Note: Jenny Steer information provided by Doris McKeer, another descendent of Richard and Eliza Easton.
1851 census - 24 1/2 Lambhay Street
1861 census - 3 Birch's Court
John Record Easton was baptised 4 Nov 1821, St. Andrews, Plymouth, Devon, and he married Jane who was born in Cornwood, Devon
They had at least 9 children
- John Record Easton, buried 22 Sep 1844 age 2 at St Andrew's
- Richard Easton born c1845 who married Mary Jane Flanigan
- Eliza Jane Easton born c1847
- John Easton born c1849 who married Mary Ann Dicks on 25 Dec 1866 at Holy Trinity, Plymouth
- William H Easton born cJul 1850 who married Jane
- James Easton born c1852/3
- Elizabeth Easton born c1854/5
- Jessie Easton born c1856/7
- Charles Robert Easton born 1861 who married Mary Ann
1851 census - Cambers Court
1861 census - 26 Castle Street
1871 census - 20 Castle Street (Rising Sun)
1881 census - 27 Castle Street
John Easton (c1849-) and Mary Ann Dicks
John Easton who married Mary Ann Dix on 25 Dec
1866 at Holy Trinity, Plymouth. Both of them were age 19, and their addresses were both given as Castle St.
1851 census - Lambhay Street with his parents
- John Edward Easton born c1872 in Plymouth
- Charles Robert Easton born c1874 in Plymouth
- George Edward Easton born c1876 in Plymouth
- Rosina Easton born 20 Nov 1878 at 8 Castle Street, Plymouth who married Ernest Henry Wright on 9 Apr 1898 when her address was given as 25 Cambridge Lane
1861 census - 26 Castle Street with his parents
1871 census - not found in Plymouth; need to check Brixham
1881 census - 20 Castle Street
John Record Easton's Siblings
Richard J. (c1827-) and Caroline Easton
They had at least 8 children.
- Richard Easton born c1849/50 in Plymouth, Devon
- Caroline Easton born c1851/2 in Plymouth, Devon
- Elizabeth Mary Bound Easton born 1 Sep 1852 at 19 Lambhay St, Plymouth, Devon
She married George Smith Gill and daughter Minnie Gill was born on 21 Oct 1871 at Looe St. Minnie married George Taylor 21 Jun 1891 at East Stonehouse, and emigrated to New Zealand in 1912 with her 2 daughters Elsie (16 Oct 1891-) and Florence (18 May 1895-). Daughter Gwendoline (29 Jun 1913 - 30 Oct 2000) was born in New Zealand.
- Robert Easton born c1854 in Plymouth, Devon
- George Easton born c1857 in Plymouth, Devon
- Susan Jane Easton born c1860 in Plymouth, Devon
- Albert A Easton born c1862 in Plymouth, Devon
- John Easton born c1863 in Plymouth, Devon
- Ernest Easton born c1871 in Plymouth, Devon
- Richard J Easton born c1874 in Brixham, Devon
1841 census - at home with his parents at Lambhay Lane
1851 census - Lambhay Street
1861 census - 7 Castle Street
1871 census - not found in Plymouth; need to search Brixham
1881 census - 2 Castle Dyke Lane