|Saturday, June 16, 2001||Living||L14|
Sorbet TorteReproduced without permission from Family Circle, July 10, 2001 Issue
Makes: 12 servings at $1.67 each.
Prep: 45 minutes. Stand: 1½ hours.
Freeze: 4 hours, and then 4 more hours or overnight.
1. Combine the cookie crumbs, flake coconut and pistachios in a medium-size bowl.
2. About 30 minutes before starting to prepare the torte, remove the mango sorbet from the freezer and let stand at room temperature until softened enough to be spreadable.
3. Spread the softened mango sorbet evenly over bottom of 9 x 2½-inch springform pan. Sprinkle top with half (about 1 1/8 cups) of crumb mixture. Place in freezer until firm, 1½ to 2 hours.
4. About 30 minutes before adding second layer to torte, remove raspberry sorbet from freezzer to soften at room temperature.
5. Prepare raspberry layer in same manner as mango layer in Step 3, covering top with remaining crumb mixture. Return to freezer.
6. About 30 minutes before adding third layer, remove lemon sorbet from freezer to soften at room temperature.
7. Prepare lemon layer as other two layers, but without crumbs. Freeze until solid, 4 hours or overnight.
8. About 10 minutes before serving, remove the torte from the freezer. Remove the side of the springform pan. Let stand at room temperature until slightly softened.
9. Garnish the top of the torte with the chopped mango, fresh raspberries, chopped shelled pistachios and grated lemon rind. Serve the torte immediately, slicing into wedges.