- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or ¾ teaspoon dried
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter with oil. Brown chicken breasts on both sides. Reduce heat and cook, covered, 15 minutes, just until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add cream to skillet; scraping up brown bits. Stir in mustard and tarragon. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken.