Greater Toronto Area,
Ontario, Canada Email: email@example.com
Goal-oriented computer professional with a solid IT background;
Over 10 years experience in technical support and system administration;
In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in Intel Architecture servers, SCSI/FC-AL storage, SAN, NAS and applications on a variety of operating systems and networks;
Excellent in design, implementation and maintenance of personal computers, servers and storage systems, with CNE/CNA certificates and MCP towards
Effective team player with strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills;
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Software.
E-Messaging System Administrator, IBM Global Services, IBM Canada
2004 - present
* Deliver MS Exchange support utilizing approved MS Exchange best practices and adherence to IBM Problem Management and Change Management guidelines.
* Provide BAU support on commercial customers¡¯ messaging systems, including MS Exchange Server 5.5/2000/2003, IIS; BlackBerry Enterprise Server and other messaging connectors; MailMarshal, MessageLabs and other antivirus, anti-spam systems.
* Configure web proxy and firewall for enhanced system security, administer MS ISA Server and
* Provide 2nd level support on MS Outlook, OWA/OMA and BlackBerry access for end-users and IBM on-site personnel.
* Identify problems, diagnose causes and determine corrective actions for all software and hardware issues related to the messaging systems.
* Participate in the design and implementation of migration strategies, involving the migrations of legacy MS Exchange systems and other comparative messaging platforms to MS Exchange 2003.
System Administrator, Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care, Scarborough
* Managed servers, including Windows 2000 domain controllers, file/print server, Exchange 2000 server, database application server, terminal servers and a backup server.
* Installed and configured backup system using Dell PowerEdge server, PowerVault 122T autoloader and Veritas BackupExec software; scheduled and performed backup for all servers and applications.
* Administered user accounts, permissions, and access rights to Windows and Exchange Server; distributed and supervised server storage space allotments; monitored and analyzed e-mail system activities to ensure the maximum performance, efficiency, and availability.
* Implemented policies and procedures, developed associated documentation for system administration and appropriate use; analyzed system and application usage, assessed needs for system reconfiguration; designed disaster recovery plan for operating systems, databases, networks, servers, and software applications.
* Oversaw installation, configuration and maintenance of end users¡¯ desktops and laptops; installed and configured messaging and print systems; administered Alcatel OmniPCX telephone system; ensured connectivity of all workstations and telephone sets.
PC Specialist, Computer Mart, Richmond Hill
2002 - 2003
* Customized, modified and upgraded Intel-based personal computers; diagnosed and repaired PCs and peripherals.
* Installed and configured Windows clients, set up office suites and application software on desktops and laptops; set up connection to the Internet via dial-up, ADSL, cable or proxy.
Product Specialist, Industry Standard Server Group, East/Central China, Compaq Computer
2000 - 2001
* Consulted with customers on the requirements of server and storage systems; developed proposals on ProLiant servers, StorageWorks and other Compaq products and services.
* Designed and set up evaluation systems using whole range of Compaq products including servers and storage; diagnosed and resolved technical malfunctions during system testing and implementation.
* Implemented installation and initial operation of servers and storage systems; traveled to the customer sites to insure satisfactory installation, maintenance procedures.
* Set up demonstration systems using servers, storage and NAS appliance, configured Windows NT/2000 Server, SCO/Unix and application software on server and storage systems.
* Provided regular training on product updates and roadmaps covering the complete range of server and appliance products.
* Cooperated with Compaq Service Division in customer service.
* Achieved revenue and quality targets for ISSG product set on a quarterly basis.
System Consultant, China Server Team, Dell Computer
1997 - 2000
* Provided overall field pre-sales support for Dell products focusing on Dell's servers, storage, and professional workstations to customers and field sales force.
* Provided technical support primarily in the following areas: designed evaluation platforms using Dell and third party products; set up and tested evaluation systems for LCA customers; diagnosed and resolved technical issues during system testing; assisted account managers in tender biddings.
* Handled miscellaneous customer inquiries concerning system hardware, software and applications on-site and by phone; assisted Dell's technical support organization to provide post-sale on-site problem diagnosis and support.
* Provided regular presentations to account managers and major customers on product updates and roadmaps covering the complete range of Dell products. Assisted the Regional Managers in seminar, roadshow preparations.
* Set up the regional office network with servers, tape backup unit, PBX and UPS, administered file/print server and Exchange server.
Product and Technical Support Manager,
Shanghai Office, Tulip Computers
1997 - 2000
* Provided technical support to the regional office, system integrators and head office. Prepared documentation and background information concerning the range of products.
* Performed technical service on desktops, notebooks and servers, by telephone and on site. Managed the regional spare part inventory and part exchange.
* Administered the office information system based on NetWare, Windows NT,
Technical Manager, Shanghai Sunjoy Computer Co., Ltd.
1992 - 1995
Assistant Engineer, Computing Center, Shanghai No.5 Steel Works
1991 - 1992
DOS and Windows clients all versions, Windows NT/2000/2003 Servers and Active Directory; Novell Netware and NDS; MS Exchange Server 5.5/2000/2003, IIS, ISA Server; Lotus Domino/Notes; McAfee, Symantec, NetIQ/Marshal, MessageLabs antivirus and anti-spam solutions; CA ARCserve, Veritas BackupExec, IBM/Tivoli TDP for Exchange.
Intel-based microcomputers, including desktops, laptops, servers (Dell, Compaq/HP and other IBM compatibles), PC components; SCSI/FC-AL RAID, SAN, NAS and tape backup systems (Compaq/HP, EMC/Dell storage solutions); peripherals including printers, UPS, rack, etc.
NICs, Cabling, hubs, switches, routers, modems, firewalls; TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBIOS, RAS, VPN, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP and common LAN/WAN topologies and protocols.
Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Software, Shanghai University of Technology
Alcatel OmniPCX TE120 Course, Alcatel Educational Services
Microsoft Certified Professional
Certified Novell Engineer
CA IT Product Engineer,
* Certified Support Trainer and Support Engineer,
IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
* Team Award of ISSG
in Q1 Y2001, Compaq Recognition Program
* Certificate of Achievement, the 1st Year of Service,
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST