A. The seven words JESUS spoke from the cross in order:-
1. The first word from the cross
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. (Luke 23:34) Word of forgiveness
2. The second word from the cross
And he said unto Jesus, Lord remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. (Luke 23:42,43) Word of salvation
3.The third word from the cross
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman behold thy son!
Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home. (John 19:26) Word of affection
4. The fourth word from the cross
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying Eli, Eli, lama sabachtha-ni? that is to say, My God, my God why hast thou forsaken me?(Mathew 27:46) (Mark 15:34) word of anguish. This is called the central cry from the cross.
5. The fifth word from the cross
After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.(John 19:28) word of suffering
6. The sixth word from the cross
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed down his head and gave up his ghost.(John 19:30)Word of victory
7. The seventh word from the cross
And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.(Luke 23:46) Word of contentment
B. The Twelve Words that Jesus spoke after His Resurrection in order.
1.Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? Whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.(John 20:15) Word of consolation
2.Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my father and your father; and to my God, and your God.(John 20:17) Word of eternal
3.Then the same at the evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for the fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
And when he had so said , he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you
And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Whosoever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whosoever sins ye retain, they are retained.(John 20:19-23) word of peace
4. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.(John 20:29) word of bonafide faith
5. Then Jesus saith unto them children have ye any meat? They answered him, No.(John 21:5) Word of reunion
6. Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?(Luke 24:25,26) Word of completion of scripture
7. And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself
And they drew nigh unto the village whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.(Luke 24:27,28)Word of courage.
8.And behold I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high(Luke 24:49) Word of fulfillment of covenant
9. So when they dined, Jesus satih to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
He saith to him again the second time, Simon son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord thou knowest all things; thou knowest that l love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.(John 21:15-17) Word of sheep
10. Jesus saith unto him, if I will that he tarry till I come, what that to thee? Follow thou me.(John 21:22) Word of following
11.And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.(Matt:28:18)Word of authority
12. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:(Matt 28:19,Acts 1:8,Mark 16:15,16)) Word of preaching
Bro. Micheal Jacob
HOME | BIBLE STUDIES & SERMONS | WORD OF GOD |PERSONAL GROWTH | LINKS | DEVOTIONAL