Monday, November 04, 2002
Got this text off the Net... republishing it here. Go Morning Star !
posted by good Speed at 2:27:25 PM
Morning Star International
* Every nation in our generation (church planting).
* Change the campus, change the world (Campus ministry).
* A Bible and a passport (world missions).
To Honour God and advance His Kingdom through church planting, campus ministry and world missions.
1. Lordship (Col 2:6)
2. Evangelism (Jn 3:16)
3. Discipleship (Matt 28:19-20)
4. Leadership (2 Tim 2:2)
5. Family (Ps 127:1, 3)
The Apostolic Mís
1. The Apostolic Mandate
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem [local], and in all Judea [regional and Samaria [cross-cultural], and to the ends of the earth [international]."
* Great Commission = Apostolic Mandate = Kingdom Commission.
* Commission and mandate not invitation or suggestion. Not open to negotiation, debate or discussion.
* It is a royal, edict, proclamation and decree - not an alternative, it is an ultimatum!
* It is apostolic - given to apostles, with apostolic intention - go! They were sent.
* MSIís slogan for this is: Every nation in our generation.
* 2010 Initiative - every church plant one church every three years, be at least 2000 churches by 2010!
* Which nation are you called to? When will you go?
* Everyone called to pay, pray or go to the nations - which are you?
* Get a multi-generational, multi-national vision.
2. Apostolic Method
* Discipleship and church-planting.
* Radical message with radical converts. Getting saved right.
* Discipleship in context of local church.
* Global evangelism > global discipleship.
* Jesus only sent 70 where He later went.
* Paul established local churches wherever he went in order to disciple converts. Revisited those same places at expense of fresh evangelism.
* Apostles at Jerusalem followed up evangelistic work of Philip by planting a church and laying apostolic foundations.
* Only those that were added to number of disciples were considered Ďsavedí by NT church - demonstrated genuine relationship with Jesus, water and Spirit baptised and changed lifestyle.
* Levels of discipleship - crowds (church member), 120 (faithful), 70 (wider leadership team), 12 (cell), 3 (triplet).
* 3 levels of discipleship: 1) being discipled - Paul by Barnabas 2) peer level discipling - Paul and Silas 3) discipling another - Timothy by Paul.
* Deep foundations, built on the word, getting to the heart of issues.
3. Apostolic Message
* Gospel of the Kingdom.
* Message of Jesus, John the Baptist, the Twelve, the 70, Peter, Paul, Philip & John.
* Lordship of Christ over all of life as He is King of kings and Lord of lords.
* Personally and corporately.
* Jesus discouraged people from becoming mere converts. Count the cost and take up your cross. All or nothing. Lord of all or not Lord at all. Need for radical, heart-felt repentance.
* In OT took Passover lamb into house and inspected it for 5 days before partaking of it. Should encourage people to do the same. People must know what they are getting into - no premature births.
* No luke-warm, high maintenance, low impact message. Message of Lordship is hard but it must be preached.
* Kingdom is applicable on corporate level - church, family, politics, economics, law, education, art, media, studies, cities and nations > global discipleship - discipling nations!
* Issue is not whether you are going to be left behind, but left out!
4. Apostolic Might
Matt 11:12 (NKJ)
ďAnd from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.Ē
Eph 6:10-13 (NKJ)
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armour of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
* Discipling nations is a call to warfare!
* Kingdom advances through confrontation.
* Requires warriors. People who can stand in the day of evil.
* Need people with violent spirit. Breakthrough spirit. Mighty men. Men of valour.
* Need apostolic boldness. Fearless, courageous spirit.
5. Apostolic Manner
* Biblical way of living (1 Thess 2:7-12, 2 Tim 3:10).
* Carry out great exploits, but are still a gentleman.
* Lead by example, character, integrity, lifestyle and role-modelling.
* Personal life of purity and holiness.
* 1 Cor 13 love.
* Gal 5 fruit of the Spirit.
* Humble, correctable, accountable, transparent, respect others.
* Apostles are fathers.
* Finish strong