You never leave someone behind, you take a part of them with you and leave a part of yourself behind.
I made the choice to finally go because I cant stand this pain. Its time for my last tear to fall and me to smile again. - Brandy
Being strong sometimes means being able to let go.
As you left and said your good-byes, you forgot to tell my heart how to live without you.
Good-byes make you think. They make you realize what youve had, what youve lost and what youve taken for granted.
How lucky I am to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye to.
I learned to laugh, I learned
to cry, but will I ever learn to say goodbye?
Saying goodbye isnt the hard part, its what we leave behind thats tough.
Why are the words goodbye, Im sorry and I love you, so easily pronounced, but so hard to say?
Goodbye, I never wanna see you again. Goodbye, I dont want to be your friend and theres no need for me to stay and lose myself to you. And be abused by you. I dont need the pain from your mind games. When you try them again, I wont be there for them to work anymore. - Save Ferris
Sometimes you have to let go of the one you love to find out if there is really something there.
Just before I go, dont you offer any sweet advice because where were all your shoulders when I needed them so long ago? And now with legs so weak and weary from this silly dance, with a suitcase full of memories, I pack my bags and slowly drift away. - Fuel
Sometimes you have to let go of someone to see if theres anything there to hold on to.
Sometimes you wont let go of love. More times love wont let go of you.
There is a time for departure even when there is no certain place to go.
Maybe some people just arent meant to be in our lives forever. Maybe some people are just passing through. Its like some people just come through our lives to bring us something: a gift, a blessing, a lesson we need to learn, and thats why theyre here... youll have that gift forever. - The Gift
Dont be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before we can meet again and meeting again, after moments or a lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
The loss of a friend is like that of a limb. Time may heal the anguish of the wound, but the loss cannot be repaired. - Robert Southey
Dont want to leave,
but we both know sometimes its better to go. Somehow I know well
meet again. Not sure quite where and I dont know just when. Youre
in my heart, so until then... wanna smile, wanna cry, saying good-bye.
- Muppets Take Manhattan
* I know as long as you are happy, I can get through this. But it still kills me to see you with her. Not because she is perfect for you, not because she makes you smile, not because she is what you need, but because I know that she deserves you more than I do. And that pain is indescribable.
* Sometimes the hardest part of moving forward is not looking back.
* Liking is easy, loving is difficult, and letting go is both.
* * When you love somebody they become your life. When they don't want to be your life you have to let them go. In order to do that you must love them more than ever
* It was stormy from the start, you were raining in my heart, like a thousand tears of laughter It was easy to ignore everything that came before in the hope of something after... Will I find myself letting go of nothing, holding on to another time...
* Being in your arms I felt complete...just being close to you made the hole in my heart disapear...not that it wasn't enough that you loved me, but you taught me to love myself again, you helped me realize what I had been missing for such a long time, and I will be forever in debt to you for it.
* Its hard to say good bye to all of then, but I know I will see some of them again. Maybe not next year, in five years, or even ten, but I know that our paths well pass again.
* I really think there's a reason that I like him so much. Like something is telling me not to let him go. Every time I follow my heart... it leads me to him. I mean... what other explanation is there. Why is it that he is all I can think about? Why is it that no matter how upset I am... I see him and I can't help but smile? Why is it that when he smiles at me... I get that feeling in my stomach? And even when he'd broken my heart, and hurt me as much as anyone could ever hurt me... when he lied to me... and I hated him... why then did I still feel those same feelings? Answer me that, and then I'll tell you why I let him hurt me so much.
* I just wish I could roll back the clocks to when things were the same...when we were all just a bunch of crazy teenagers looking for a wild time. But now, things aren't the same. Each of us have gone our different ways. We change, people change, things just change, and we aren't those crazy teenagers looking for a wild time anymore. We're teenagers looking for a person to love and a person to hug when we're in need. And it's funny...when I had my best friend by my side, I was dreaming of a person to love. And now that I have that, I wish that my best friend would be back. Be careful of those you lose when you choose to love.
* When you said goodbye I felt so all alone. There were times at night I couldn't sleep, my heart was much too weak to make it on my own. But baby, after all the misery and pain you put me through, so unfair to me, boy, you're no longer my world. And I ain't missin' you at all. * Don't really wanna make it tough; I just wanna tell you that I had enough. Might sound crazy, But it ain't no lie, Baby, bye, bye, bye.
* I loved you endlessly. And you weren't there for me, so now its time for me to leave and make it alone.
* I'm sick and tired of all of your lies. I'm sick and tired and I'm finally saying goodbye.
* I don't need this poison, I don't need control, I don't need forgiveness, I don't need you at all.
* And its so hard to do and so easy to say, but sometimes you just have to walk away.
* The longer I am away from you, the more I realize I was never in love with you. I was only in love with the idea of you.
* You've got to know when its time to turn the page, when your cheeks are only wet because of the rain.
* This time I won't play this game, I made a vow to make this change and I bow out, I won't be hanging around baby. I decline to take the pain, and I resign from the masquerade, and I bow out. I won't be staying around this time.
* You're just a stage I went through.
* When you're left standing on that stage all alone maybe you'll relies you should have learned to be the man you should have been.
* I've come to know that when I saw you, I should've ran away.
One minute its your fault,
the next minute mine, sometimes your ahead, and sometimes behind, One
minute I pray that things were like before, the next I think I'm thanking
god u walked out the door...Sometimes I miss you, sometimes I cry...but
I know I trust what happened...and cease from asking why...Sometimes
I regret setting you free... But deep inside I know it wasn't meant
You know what I wish? I wish that u were here with me forever. Don't worry, in my little illusion of life, reality has to break through sometimes. I'll be ok.
I look at you now, and I look then, and I'm glad we broke up cuz you ain't no ten!
I never thought I'd see the day you no longer had control of me. But that day has come and its here to stay. I don't need you anymore so go away.
I think letting you go was the smartest decision I ever made. Even though I loved you so much, I just couldn't deal with the pain. And the times we spent together, holding each other, were the best times of my life. But no matter how much I wanted to keep you in my arms, I couldn't. I couldn't hold on to you, knowing that all you were going to do was hurt me. But right now, even though I still love you, I don't need you anymore. I don't need you to complete me. I just need you to comfort me when I'm sad, support me, and listen to me when I talk. So I guess what I'm saying is, I'm glad we're over. I'm glad I've let go.
To far apart to reach the distance, but something keeps me hanging on. Pretending not to know the difference denying what we had is gone. I wasted my time and waited for you, trust me it won't happen again.
I'm leaving, last chance, then never again.
For once I'm standing up and making you decide because I refuse to wait this time.
You think I'll always care what a surprise it might be if you turned around and I just wasn't there.
Missing you could turn from pain to pleasure if I knew you were missing me too.
No matter how long I wait for you my wishes will never come true, so the only thing left that I can do is to hold in my tears and forget about you.
I'm fighting so hard to hang on, when my heart is fighting so hard to let go.
I loved you, its not that I fell out of love because that is impossible...I just couldn't handle the heartache anymore...its not that I don't love you...It's that I can't.
What can I say? You're going away. I can't say I'll see you tomorrow, for there will be many days to follow of loneliness and pain, but today I'll leave you with I love you, and I will miss you.
I can't hold on to the past forever. So I guess this is it. Goodbye. Life expects me to turn my back and walk away now; to walk away from everything; to walk away from the future I imagined, from the emotions I felt, from you.
I lived for you and me, And now Ive really come to see, that life would be much better once youre gone. I know that I cant take no more, it aint no lie, I wanna see you out that door, Baby, bye, bye, bye.
I'm not gonna give in, I'm not gonna fall. I'm not gonna be here whenever it is you finally call. This time it's over, I'm keeping my heart. I'm gonna be strong and not fall apart. It will get better, I'll no longer cry. In a couple of weeks, I won't want to die. I won't want to go back. I'll be able to sleep. It won't hurt so badly, and it won't strike so deep. I'm convincing myself; yes I'll find someone new. I won't be alone, and I won't be with you. Your waiting for me to crawl back to your side, but it is won't happen, not this time. I'm keeping my pride. So good-bye forever. I'll be on my way, It's gonna take time. But I'll be okay.
As I watch you walk down the isle at Graduation I will be crying tears of joy, because you have finally made it and I am so proud of you. The second tears will be of sadness, for I know each step you take is one that will take you farther away from me.
* It would be hard to say
what my life would be like unattached to this particular experience.
* We can't go back again. There's no use giving in. There's no way to know what might've been.
* And its so hard to do and so easy to say, but sometimes you just have to walk away.
* All I'm saying is, I want to look back and say that I did the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place and played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place.
* And its times like this that I dread... when there's everything to say, and nothing left to be said. And it makes me sad.
* The funniest thing was,
even though we were as close as ever, we were the farthest we've ever
* I can't eat, I can't sleep, and sometimes I find it hard to breathe, I break down and cry not knowing why, and now I can't lie. I'm standing on the edge of good-bye.
* Its not that one day you will turn around and realize what you lost...you turn around a lot...and I'm always here in the shadows of your love...but one day I might shock you...I might leave...only I wont turn around to see if you're waiting for me.
* Don't cry for what might of been, don't live in the past. It was supposed to be forever, well forever never lasts. Lift your head and dry your tears, forget yesterday. We had the time of our life, but we must move on. Let it fade away...
* It takes a lot to hate you, It takes too much to forget you, but it took so little to love you.
* I'm sorry, I could've done better. Congratulations to those of you who did.
* Just because something ends doesn't mean it never should have been.
* People come and go, but memories live on forever.
* What can I say? You're going away. I can' say I'll see you tomorrow for there will be many days to follow of loneliness and tears. I know someday we'll meet again. I know that this is not the end. I have so much I need to say, but today I will leave you with I will miss you, and I love you.
* I never thought saying two words would be so hard. I said them a thousand times, but it has never ever been so hard. That night as we stood in my drive way I didn't want the night to end... I knew those words were coming but I didn't wanna hear them. You said them then I said them too. I turned and walked away, tears in my eyes I will never forget that I night I had to say good bye.
* I don't want to live the rest of my life thinking about you and dreaming of what might have been if we would have stayed together in spite of the miles that separate us...I can't live my life happily knowing you're with someone else. That would kill a part of me. What we have is rare. It's too beautiful to just throw it away...I don't want it to end this way. I don't want it to end at all...I can't force you to stay with me. But no matter what happens in my life, I'll never forget my time with you.
* You may forget the friends you laughed with but you will never forget the ones you cried with.
* When all you want to do is hold on forever...but you let go, smile and walk away. Then cry all the way home because you know it will never be the same...because try as you might you can't make someone love you, sometimes you have to let them be free...and letting go, that is when love hurts the most of all.
* It's easy to get over someone when you realize they're making your life a living hell. It's easy to let go when hanging on hurts so bad.
*Thanks for forgetting me after everything, you taught me a good lesson, never trust boys...
Copyright © 2003. All rights reserved !