A genuine, slow-talkin', story-tellin', rope-throwin' wrangler!
Are you tired of seeing a bunch of "men" walking around Nashville, wearing taco-shaped "cowboy" hats -- but knowing nothing about horses? (And, do any of them tip their hats?!)
But, the fun doesn't stop there.
Wrangler Tom has lived a blessed life (the kind that most people have only seen in movies). His wealth of experience has given a broad foundation for meeting -- and skillfully entertaining -- people from many different places, cultures, and backgrounds. When you visit Nashville, your visit is not complete without a custom-tailored tour by Wrangler Tom.
This gag actually started over dinner, after working all day on a horse ranch.
|This is Wrangler Tom.||This is not Wrangler Tom.|
It is one of Wrangler Tom's many entertaining, "slice of life" stories.
Custom tours are available for singles, couples, families, carloads, or busloads.
Among the many things you can learn and enjoy while touring with Wrangler Tom:
- The difference between a "wrangler" and a "cowboy"!
- Historic sites in and around Nashville. (There is a lot of history here!)
- Learn how to ride horses!
(Wrangler Tom has ridden horses for more than 30 years,
and is especially skilled and patient with beginning riders.)
- Have dinner with a bunch of wranglers, and listen to Western (not country!) music.
(Don't worry ... Wrangler Tom will not be singing -- except in Sign Language, by request.)
- Wrangler Tom has "a million" stories. (If you have a million dollars, you can hear them all!)
- Go to the restaurants that the tour buses don't go to!
- Learn about American history, our cultural heritage, and much more.
- Learn how to buy real Western wear (from people that actually ride horses).
- Go to other sites around Middle Tennessee: The Hermitage, Walking Horse headquarters, etc.
- Have lots of fun, and amaze your friends when you get back home.
So, you're probably thinking, "This tour is worth a fortune! Will it cost me one?"
Tour prices are determined by several factors:
- tour emphasis & content
- length of time
- number of people
- other activities (e.g.: horse rental, meals included, etc.)
- vehicle used (your vehicle, Wrangler Tom's family van, bus, or limo)
(Wrangler Tom has a special arrangement with a limo company. You can't beat this deal -- others have tried!)
(Bus rates: $15/hour, per person.)
Click the link to contact Wrangler Tom via the handy mailform.
During your stay in Nashville, please visit these fine businesses.
- The Hermitage Hotel -- in the heart of Downtown, and especially convenient to Capitol Hill.
- Nashville's own stage production of Fiddler on the Roof.
(note: the show's run ended in June of 2005)
- For family fun and music, it's hard to beat a man like Cowboy Dan.
- And, the Illegitimate Sons of the Pioneers is an authentic Western group.
(I've actually ridden and wrangled with these guys! And, they donate to a worthy charity.)
- News Flash: Wrangler Tom now has a CDL-B, and can drive the bus for out-of-town tour groups!
- You may also request to have Wrangler Tom as your step-on guide if you book your Big-Bus tour with Gray Line of Nashville.