- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - Sunday, February 8th, 2009. This will once again take the form of a High Tea at the home of Brian Brimelow, 10632 Stargate Lane, Cincinnati, OH 45240. We will meet at 4:00 pm to enjoy the traditional te bach (please bring a sweet or savory finger food to share). Following the te bach we'll gather at around 5:30 pm for the Annual Business Meeting. All members are reminded to pay their 2009 dues at the meeting; membership dues are currently $15.00 per single member and $20.00 per family. Thank you Brian for once again graciously hosting this event. Please call Brian to let him know you are planning to attend at 513-851-8173.
- 6 Nations Rugby at Haps Irish Pub, 3510 Erie Avenue, Cincinnati.
Cover charge is usually $20
Sat 7nd Feb 09 10:00 am England v Italy
Sat 7nd Feb 09 12:00 pm Ireland v France
Sun 8th Feb 09 10:00 am Scotland v Wales
Sat 14th Feb 09 10:00 am France v Scotland
Sat 14th Feb 09 12:30 pm Wales v England
Sun 15th Feb 09 9:30 am Italy v Ireland
Fri 27th Feb 09 3:00 pm France v Wales
Sat 28th Feb 09 10:00 am Scotland v Italy
Sat 28th Feb 09 12:30 pm Ireland v England
Sat 14th Mar 09 11:00 am Italy v Wales
Sat 14th Mar 09 1:00 pm Scotland v Ireland
Sun 15th Feb 09 11:00 am England v France
Sat 21st Mar 09 9:15 am Italy v France
Sat 21st Mar 09 11:30 am England v Scotland
Sat 21st Mar 09 1:30 pm Wales v Ireland
- Sunday, March 1 St. David's Day celebration at Plās Cadnant, 4777 Cincinnati-Brookville Road in Shandon. The timetable and bill of fare is as follows:
5 p.m. - Social hour, with appetizers, crudites (vegetable tray) and assorted cheeses.
6 p.m. - The catered dinner begins, featuring salmon and breast of chicken, garden salad, roasted potatoes, vegetable medley, and dessert. Please bring your own bottle of adult beverage, if desired.
7 p.m. - The installation of officers for 2009 takes place, followed by the evening's entertainment. This year, Judy and Warren Waldron will play a variety of American bluegrass and folk music tunes, with a few Welsh melodies thrown in.
If you haven't sent in your reservation yet, please do three things, viz.:
Send Siān and Jon Stow an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately and certainly not later than this Sunday, to advise how many in your party will attend the St. David's Day dinner; you may also ring up Siān at 738-4180.
Send Treasurer Holly Pratt a check for the dinner ($25 per person) today, at 4465 West Fork Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45247.
Also send Holly a check for 2009 dues ($20 per family, or $15 for an individual membership) if you haven't already paid dues.
- Saturday, June 13 Shandon Strawberry Festival 10:00 am - 7:00 pm (tea served from 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm). Please come and support the local businesses.
- Sunday, July 26 Annual Summer Picnic at Plās Cadnant, 4777 Cincinnati-Brookville Road in Shandon (3:00 pm 'til when?). If you plan to attend please send Siān and Jon Stow an e-mail at email@example.com by Monday July 21 to advise how many will be in your party and what dish you plan to bring. You may also ring up Siān at 738-4180. Please don't be offended if you are asked to bring a different dish, one year we nearly drowned in cole slaw!