Scouter Deryck's Scouting Plus Homepage File:
Gifts for Christmas"
You don't even have to shop for
1. The gift of LISTENING - why not give this
valuable gift to someone who lives alone? And you must really listen.
No interrupting, not planning your response. Just listen.
2. The gift of SIGNS OF AFFECTION - be generous
with your hugs, kisses and gentle squeezes of the hand. Let these
actions demonstrate the love inside YOU.
3. The gift of a NOTE - it can be as simple as
"I Love You" or as creative as a sonnet. Put you notes where they
will surprise your loved ones.
4. The gift of LAUGHTER - just cut out a
cartoon, save a clever article. Your gift will say, "I live to laugh
5. The gift of a COMPLIMENT - a simple "You
look good in blue," or "I like your hair," or "Good supper, honey"
can be of greatest value to those who may feel they are being taken
6. The gift of a FAVOUR - help with dishes,
clean out the basement, etc.
7. The gift of LEAVING ALONE - there are times
in our lives when we want nothing better than to be left alone.
Become more sensitive to those times and give solitude.
8. The gift of a CHEERFUL DISPOSITION - try to
be cheerful to those you love especially.
9. The gift of a GAME - offer to play your
loved one's favourite game. Even if you lose, you'll be a
10. The gift of PRAYER - pray for those people
on your Christmas list and let them know that you pray for them.
Praying for someone is a way of saying, "You are so special to me
that I talk to God about you."