By Her Excellency the Right Honourable Jeanne Sauvé, Governor General and Commander-in-Chief of Canada.
To All to Whom these Presents shall come.
Whereas section 13 of the Constitution Act, 1982 provides that an amendment to the Constitution of Canada may be made by proclamation issued by the Governor General under the Great Seal of Canada where so authorized by the resolutions of the Senate and House of Commons and resolutions of the legislative assembly of each province to which the amendment applies;
And Whereas the Senate, the House of Commons and the House of Assembly of the Province of Newfoundland have, by resolution, authorized an amendment to the Constitution of Canada to be made by proclamation issued by the Governor General under the Great Seal of Canada.
And Whereas the Queen's Privy Council for Canada has advised me to issue this proclamation;
Now Know You that I do issue this proclamation amending the Constitution of Canada in accordance with the schedule hereto.
In Testimony Whereof I have caused these Letters to be made Patent and the Great Seal of Canada to be hereunto affixed.
At Government House, in the City of Ottawa, this twenty-second day of December in the Year of Our Lord One Thousand Nine Hundred and Eighty-seven.
Registrar General of Canada
Attorney General of Canada
Prime Minister of Canada
Amendment to the Constitution of Canada
1. (1) Section 3 of the Newfoundland Act is renumbered as subsection 3(1).
(2) Section 3 of the said Act is further amended by adding thereto the following subsection:
2. (1)Term 17 of the Terms of Union of Newfoundland with Canada set out in the Schedule to the said Act is renumbered as Term 17(1).
(2) Term 17 of the Terms of Union of Newfoundland with Canada set out in the Schedule to the said Act is further amended by adding thereto the following:
3. This Amendment may be cited as the Constitution Amendment, 1987.
[INDEX] [MASTER LIST] [TERM 17]