THE VAUTOUR IN THE IAF SERVICE : THE SIX DAYS WAR
JUNE 6, 1967
LIST OF KNOWN SORTIES
H-3, 2nd. attack
- [ Saar & Inbar, 67 ] [ H. Bodinger ] [ B.Z. Zohar ] [ G. Goren ]
- Take off: ca. 07:30. Landed: 09:10.
- [ Y. Tsiddon & M. Eini, 70 ]
- took off ca. 07:45
The Syrian Heights - Close support (I)
- [ Leading: G. Magen & ? ]
The Syrian Heights - Close support (II)
- [ Leading: G. Magen & M. Eini, 66 ] [ ---- ? ]
- The leader's plane was hit, and almost ejected, but decided to continue.
Magen performed an extraordinary emergency landing in Ramat David.
The Syrian Heights - Close support (III)
- (AFTERNOON); Attackin Syrian armoured forces, Dardara region.
- [ Leading: G. Magen & ? ] [ G. Goren 08 ] [ Rafaeli 67, without navigator ]
- No. 08 was hit by A-A, returned but had to eject over the lower Galilee. He was
recovered, slightly injured.
- The leader's plane was hit in the front, but managed to return and landed safely.
The West Bank - Interdiction
- [ Leading: G. Magen ]
Gaza - attack of military and police installations
- Armed with Napalm tanks.
- [ O. Nachman & E. Raz, 33 ] [ A. Fridman ]
- Duration: 1:15
Jericho - Jerusalem road - attacking Jordanian armoured forces
- A pair? [ O. Nachman, 05 ] [ ? ]
- Duration - 0:50
Sinai - close support, Wadi Kurya region
- A formation of _? [ O. Nachman & E. Raz, 33 ] [ --- ? ]
- Duration: 1:15
Sinai - close support, Bir-Tamade & Bir-Hasane
- Take off: 16:21
- [ M. Saar & A. Los-Eyal, 33 ] [ H. Bodinger ] [ R. Goren 03 ] [ Z. Tavor ]
- Armed with 2 500 kg. bombs each.
- Returned: 17:27 (duration: 1:05 - 1:10)
Sinai - close support
- A formation of _? [ L. Tzur & Ben-Shua, 65 ] [ --- ? ]
PR sorties (day)
- West Bank [ L. Tzur & M. Eini, 31 ]
- [ L. Tzur & E.raz, 33 ] (target unknown)
- [ L. Tzur & S. Ben-Shua, 33 ] (target unknown)
- Two sorties to Egypt, Suez Canal and Cairo region.
- [ A. Tzivoni ? & _? ]
- [ ? & ? , _ ? ]
Golan Heights, "Beit Hameches" posts, ground attack
- Take off: 18:56
- [ I. Golan & ? ] [ I. Nir ] [ R. Goren 05 ] [ D. Ilan ]
- Returned: 19:24 (duration 0:30)
Attacking an Iraqi armoured convoy - by night
DETAILS WILL BE COMPLETED
Summary of the second day
[ THE SIX DAYS WAR PAGE ] ___
[ IAF VAUTOURS INDEX PAGE ]
[ BACK TO MAIN PAGE ]
This page was last updated:
August 31, 2001