He married Sarah FORD __ ___ 1821 in Henry County, Kentucky. She was born 28 Apr 1805 in Henry County, Kentucky. She was the daughter of Abner FORD and Anna RICH. Sarah died 3 May 1869 in Crawford County, Illinois, and was buried in the Ford -Montgomery Cemetery in Crawford Co., Illinois.
This family lived in Henry Co., Kentucky, where most of their children were born. They removed to
Ripley Co., Indiana, where they lived but a short while before relocating in Crawford Co., Illinois.
They had 11 children:
- Abner Ford LINDSAY, b. 29 Nov 1822; d. 29 Sep 1893
- John Tolson LINDSAY, b. 28 Jan 1825; d 19 Feb 1915
- Anne LINDSAY, b. 20 Jun 1827; d 18 Nov 1913
- Samuel R. LINDSAY, b. 25 Jan 1830; d 8 Aug 1910
- Mariah LINDSAY, b. 25 Jan 1830; d __ ___ ____
- Nathaniel LINDSAY, b. 10 Feb 1832; d 26 Aug 1921
- James William LINDSAY, b. 7 Mar 1835; d 18 Feb 1917
- Hazael LINDSAY, Jr., b. 9 April 1837; d 31 Jan 1913
- Susan LINDSAY, b. 27 Jul 1839; d __ ___ ____
- Amos LINDSAY, b. 5 Jun 1843; d. 3 Oct 1889
- Elizabeth LINDSAY, b. 30 Aug 1846; d. __ ___ ____
- History of Crawford & Clark Counties, Illinois,c1884.
- Information from correspondence with Sue Ann (Stewart) Lovell, Rural Route 4, Floydada, TX 79235 and Ruby I. Smith, 108 Hawthorne, Olney, IL 62450..
If you would like to add a person anywhere in this listing, cut & paste the following format into your email message with
the required information:
The Person's Full Name:
Date & Place of Birth:
Date & Place of Death:
Date & Place of Marriage:
List Children with Dates & Places of Birth:
List Sources of Information:
Your Email Address:
Cut & Paste the above format and please send me an email email@example.com & I will add your information with the next update. Submit as many people as you wish. Thanks!
Last Updated on 2 Jan 1997
or click below to return to first page.