Most of my written output is not in the public domain. The rest is listed below, with links to any
- McLaughlin, M., Dr. Dobb's Toolbook of 68000 Programming, Chaps. 14 and 19,
Dr. Dobb's Journal of Software Tools, eds., Prentice Hall, New York, NY, 1986.
- McLaughlin, M., Organic Chemistry: The Basis of Life -- A Study Guide, Benjamin/Cummings,
Menlo Park, CA, 1980.
- McLaughlin, M., A Science of Wonder, AFRAM, Ghana, Ltd., 1975.
- McLaughlin, M., "Predicting the Effect of TCAS II on Safety", Air Traffic Control Quarterly,
Vol. 7(1), 1-18, 1999.
- McLaughlin, M.,
URandomLib: The Ultimate Macintosh Random-Number Generator,
MacTech, Vol. 14(10), 38-44, October 1998.
- McLaughlin, M.,
Scientific Programming in PowerPlant,
MacTech, Vol. 14(5), 38-48, May 1998.
- McLaughlin, M., "The Art of Simulated Annealing", Algorithm, Vol. 3(4), 16-17, December 1992.
- McLaughlin, M., "Simulated Annealing", Dr. Dobb's Journal of Software Tools, 26-37, September 1989.
- McLaughlin, M., "Experimental Detection of Anomalous Mode-C Reports Using Radar Data",
IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. AES-22(5), 559-564, 1986.
- McLaughlin, M., and Miller, B., "Reactions of 2,6-Dimethylphenol and 2,6-Dimethylanisole with Electrophilic
Allylating Agents", J. Organic Chemistry, Vol. 47(26), 5204-5207, 1982.
- McLaughlin, M., Marhevka, V., and Miller, B., "Meta Substitution in Electrophilic Benzylation of 2,6-Dimethylphenol
and Alkyl 2,6-Dimethylphenyl Ethers: Product Distribution and Mechanisms", J. Organic Chemistry, Vol. 47(4), 710-719, 1982.
- McLaughlin, M., Creedon, V., and Miller, B., "High Percentages of Substitution Meta to Oxygen in Electrophilic Benzylation
of 2,6-Dialkylphenols and Aryl Ethers", Tetrahedron Lett., Vol. 38, 3537-3540, 1978.
- McLaughlin, Michael P.,
Who Speaks for Galileo?,
MacKiDo Opinion piece, April 15, 1999.
- McLaughlin, M., ...the very game...,
a tutorial (271K, .pdf) on mathematical modeling (also included with
Regress+ documentation), October 1999.