Series MM Morris
The engine was the only part of the Series MM Morris Minor that was not new for 1948. This engine was reused from the pre-war Morris Eight and consequently the new car was endowed with extreme reliability and unfortunately pre-war performance.
|Model||0-30||0-50||30-50||max speed in gears (mph)||mpg|
|MM 2 door||8.7s||24.2s||24.1s||19||32||50||62.3||40.0||MM 4 door||10.0s||37.1s||31.6s||24||37||50||60.1||39.8|
|Bore & Stroke||57 x 90 mm|
|power||27.5bhp @ 4400|
|Torque||39 lbft @ 2400|
|Carburetter||SU type H1|
|GearBox and Final Drives|
|Dimensions and Weights|
|MM 2 door||3.76||1.55||1.45||2.18||789||56/44|
|MM tourer||3.76||1.55||1.45||2.18||738||57/43||MM 4 door||3.76||1.55||1.45||2.18||815||56/44|
|Significant Series MM dates|
|First MM (2-door)||20.9.1948|
- Screw type jack and 9in tommy bar (Dangerous, use for show only).
- Tecalemit grease gun.
- Tyre pump.
- Combination wheel brace and hub cap puller.
- BSF Box Spanners 1/4,5/16,3/8,7/16,1/2, and 9/16.
- Double Ended Spanners 3/16 and 1/4, 1/4 and 5/16, 3/8 and 7/16.
- Combination distributor screwdriver and feeler gauge.
- Pre 1952 presented in a black fabric tool roll with pockets, later cars had a brown plastic tool roll (no pockets).