DEN CHIEF SERVICE AWARD
SEE DEN CHIEF HANDBOOK (33211B)
FOR DETAILED REQUIREMENTS
Den Chief Service Award Requirements
- Serve the pack faithfully for 1 full year.
- Attend a den chief training (if available within year of service) OR be trained by the assistant Cubmaster and den leader.
- Know the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Help Cub Scouts achieve the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Be the activities assistant in den meetings.
- Set a good example by attitude and uniforming.
- Be a friend to the boys in the den.
- Take part in weekly meetings.
- Assist the den at the monthly pack program.
- Know the importance of the monthly theme.
- Meet as needed with the adult members of the den, pack or troop.
- Complete FOUR of these projects:
- Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout special event, such as a Scouting show, bicycle rodeo, etc.
- Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout Day camp or resident camp.
- Advance one Boy Scout rank.
- Assist in recruiting three new Cub Scouts.
- Assist three Webelos Scouts to join a troop.
- Help to plan and carry out a joint pack-troop activity.
- Recommend to your Scoutmaster another Boy Scout to be a den chief.
Note: The Braids shown at the Top of this page ( Red White & Blue) are the Den Chief Service Award Braids.
The Den Chief Service Award braids are worn over the left shoulder, under the epaulet and under the arm. A Scout that has earned the Den Chief Service Award, and is serving as a Den Chief or Webelos Den Chief, may wear both the Den Chief and the Den Chief Service Award braids.
[ Back to the DEN CHIEF Page ]
[ Back to the WEBELOS DEN CHIEF Page ]
[ Back to the DEN CHIEF UNIFORM Page ]
[ Back to the HOME Page ]
Copyright © 2002
The Virtual Cub Leader's Handbook
All Rights Reserved