STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING TO YOU!
Misuse of Eminent Domain Laws to build a MUNICIPAL GOLF COURSE!
Local Government could knock on your door and tell you:
"We are taking your land and home and you must move out"!
- City council members have notified Valley Township homeowners that the CITY OF COATESVILLE is taking their land and homes to build a municipal golf course. These are restored historical homes that people have spent their lives restoring.
- This recreational complex will be built on the corner of Route 82, Route 340, Mt. Airy Road and the Route 30 Bypass. Construction will begin May 1, 2000 (that is one year, folks!).
- Unbelievable as it sounds, under the eminent domain law, the City of Coatesville has the legal jurisdiction to take properties and homes and evict the landowners inside and outside the city limits.
- What will prevent them from taking your home tomorrow? Nothing, they could, and very easily, as well.
- This local government act by the Coatesville City Council Members is an injustice and misuse of the eminent domain laws...
- Click here to see the letters from the people who it hurts the most.
- Click here to see pictures of the beautiful land and homes that they are destroying.
- Click here To see the web page for Christopher & Kathryn Snyder, who are equally devastated by this flagrant misuse of power .
- Click here to sign our public guestbook or view messages that others have sent!.
- Should a Local Government be able to wield this kind of ?
- This can be stopped! If you do not want this to happen to you some day...
You must attend the following public meeting and contact Coatesville City Council members:
When: MONDAY, June 7th, 1999 Time: 7:00 PM
Where: Gordon Middle School
351 Kersey Street, Coatesville, Pa
at South Third Ave & Kersey - few blocks south of Lincoln Highway
Parking will be tight - so please CARPOOL
Write to: City Council Members, City of Coatesville; One City Hall Place; Coatesville, PA 19320
Office Hours Monday to Friday 9:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M.
Email us: email@example.com