BECOMING A WEBHEAD
TESOL EVONLINE 2004
Building an online presence: Creation of Web pages and use of images
- join Barbara Dieu at
Tapped In on Monday, February 16, at 22:00 - 23:00 GMT for a chat on the use of blogs in language learning;
- join Arnold Mühren
at the Alado Room on Saturday, February 21, at 16:00 - 17:00 GMT for a chat on the use of a/synchronous tools in
- explore different Web hosts (GeoCities,
and choose the one they seem to feel more comfortable with;
a. plan the content and layout of their first (?) Homepage;
b. create their first simple Web page - enhance it with an image or photo;
c. send the URL to the list and ask for impressions and feedback;
d. create a link to their Homepage in the Links section of the BaW YGroup;
e. enhance your plan and create a couple of other Web pages with links to one another;
- participate in our BaW blog about the advantages/disadvantages of blogging in
EFL/ESL and uses that it can be put to;
- explore blogger sites (Blogger, Blogspot, SchoolBlogs, Xanga.com) and, if you so wish, create your own. If you do, let the group know the URL so that everybody can take a look and post comments. Vance Stevens has created a page with a tutorial: "How to create a BLOG using Blogger". Check it out!!
NOTE: Look for a complete list of free and paid hosting services in the LINKS section of our Yahoo Group.
Questions of the week:
Lets see who can answer these questions! J
Please contact the group list or any of the moderators (at the emails below) if you have any problems.
VIP(oint): While creating Web pages and blogs, participants are encouraged to:
1. share experiences and reflections at all times, and
2. think about and discuss the potential of blogs, Web pages or Web-page creation for the EFL/ESL teaching and learning process (how can they be used? for what purpose? at what level?) and send their comments to the group mail list.
Last Updated: February, 21, 2004 (Daf)
Created on 19 November 2003
Teresa Almeida d'Eça and Maria Jordano